www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Can you make an anchor tag open up a new page to set sizes without javascript popup

Can you make an anchor tag open up a new page to set sizes without javascript popup

Is it possible to use the <a href="webpage" target="new"> to open a new window that is set to a specific size without using javascript popup windows?

No.

is there a way of using javascript without the user needing to change any settings (such as making my site an exception or allowing for javascript) or the page being blocked by popup blockers??

If you could get around technologies like that, what would be the point of them?

Most popup-blockers don't block popups that are created via the onclick event.
    If the user disables JavaScript that is there choice -- avoid making your page dependent on it as much as possible.

I suggest you use something like this:
    Code:
    <a href="http://www.example.com/" 
    onclick="return !window.open(this.href,'', 'width=400,height=400,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=yes,status=yes');">
    I use NoScript myself.

The answer to all questions is no, you can't do any of those things.

The person who owns the computer decides how big their browser window will be, what fonts they view your web page in, whether Javascripts and/or popups can run etc.

The only thing you have any control over is the content of the page defined in the HTML.

Thread Information