dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: One Button with Multiple Functions

One Button with Multiple Functions

Good afternoon developers, i been searching the Internet for two days with this problem and gotten some answers but none seem to work.

I have a text box which the user will input their email address within. I also have a button that when pressed, i would like it to email me the information in the text box and also redirect the user to another page that will simply act as a confirmation page that we recieved the email. I have the text box and when the button it pressed it sends me an email, this is working perfect but i do not know how to make the button redirect to another page with the same click of the button. Help please here is some of the code. Thank you.

<form action="MAILTO:myemail@mydomain.com" method="post" enctype="text/plain">

<input type="text" name="mail"
    value="Email Here" size="20" style="font-family: Arial Narrow"> <input type="submit" value="Unsubscribe" style="font-family: Arial Narrow">

Change your button to:

<input type="button" onclick="this.form.submit();document.location.href='confirmPage.htm';" value="Unsubscribe" style="font-family: Arial Narrow">
    54 68 65 42 65 61 72 4D 61 79

thank you

TheBearMay you are the best. I know this was probably super simple to you but I had very difficult time figuring it out and you really hit the nail in the coffin. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

I'm not sure that would work as the call to submit would leave to go to the form action url before the location call. I'd be interested to hear if this solution did work.

If it doesn't you may have to have a processing page that deals with the form data and then redirects to the confirmPage.htm

I tested it before I posted to make sure, so yes it does work. The reason it does work is that it doesn't pause to wait for the first step to complete.
    Last edited by TheBearMay; 02-28-2006 at 06:59 PM.
    54 68 65 42 65 61 72 4D 61 79

Works Great

The code provided by BearMay works perfect with the code i provided as the example.

Thread Information