www.webdeveloper.com
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Random daily advice thread

Don't lose a textbook for a class that has a test the next day. It might make you feel utterly helpless. *hint hint*

Waking up early in the morning consistently can be done in a number of ways. Form my experience of waking-up consistantly in the morning at 5am or 6:13am, depending if it is a weekend or not, to pray as the sun comes up, I can provide a list of info that might be of help for others to take-a-step in the direction of waking up early consistantly.
    • Go to bed consistently at around the same time so your "body clock" is able to "keep the time".
    • Drink a lot so you gotta use the restroom very early first thing in the morning. Drink a bunch of water before you goto bed, like 5 cups!! I worked for me once when I needed it. Just don't use this method too often, only when you need to force yourself once-in-a-blue-moon.
    • Making sure you don't over-sleep and you get the sleep you need -- resort to an alarm clock if needed or alarm clocks. You can always take a nap in the middle of the day, if you have to. Waking up is the goal in this case.
    • Make sure you don't sleep in a bad position. If you find just the right sleeping position, you'll be able to manage with even less and less sleep to the point you can literally sleep one hour and be good for the next 24 hours.
    • Empty you mind, if you cannot detach yourself from the world to reach peace of mind, you're gonna need to learn how to clear your mind. You don't have to meditate or think of nothing, but you should resolve everything that is in your head so there is nothing bothering you stopping you from sleeping.
    • The most important thing to do in order to wake up in the morning is to have a burning-desire to wake up. Kids tend to wake up extra early on Christmas. My first day at work I got very excited and awoke at 4ish. My first Jury Duty I was also excited and I woke up around 4ish. So you see, a person's mood about the day coming ahead influences their sleep. Conversely, the depressed and the lacking of self-respect that look upon life negatively tend to sleep in more and even being inconsistent at the time they wake up (whenever that it. 1pm? ).

Now about falling asleep as soon as your head touches the pillow, I've tried many many things. Here are the one's that get me alseep instantly -- when I do them (I know, I know, I'm glued to this machine... ):
    • Keep your pillow cold or at least colder than the bed.
    • Worry only about your head's position on the pillow, not the rest of the body -- I've even fell alseep with my legs cross in that one Yoga position (don't even know what it's called, I don't take Yoga, lol). If I can fall alseep like with my legs crossed like that, surely you can have your legs directly on the bed in any o' position. Don't let your pillow come to your neck, your head should only have to use half the pillow.
    • Naturally while sleeping your breathing slows down because your body doesn't need any extra energy to move around. Practicing breathing before bed in order to reach this breathing state enhances the speed that you sleep at.
    • Close your eyes and put muscle into it. Don't let your eyes open again no matter how much it burns (if it does, sometimes holding your fingers on top helps take away the burn, but don't move your fingers as-to rub your eyes). Pretend you are blind, you don't need your vision while sleeping.
    • The most important thing you can do in order to fall alseep is to simply be tired. It works so well that even the time you DON'T want to fall asleep, it happens against your will because you are tired. In the army the solders are hardly given any sleeping time at all, go ask your grampa to tell you over the story when he was in the army and how well he slept in those few hours and how he fell sleep within seconds of his head hitting the pillow. You may ask, "How do one get himself tired so as to sleep better?". Get physical, join the army, run laps around your block or local park, workout, etc. Video games don't count as getting you tried!!! You gotta get your body tired not your mind. Next time you hear a "Go to bed" followed by an "I'm not tired", you know that that person is not going to sleep well.

Happy Sleeping y'all!
    Last edited by Ultimater; 04-24-2006 at 03:47 AM.

Ultimater, Were you inspired to write your post by this http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...-early-riser/?

Do what you can with what you have, but if you don't have enough, go freeware.

Yes, I came up with that all on my own

Find reason to laugh at least three times a day.

9 out of 10 people said yes!

who was the tenth?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny G
    who was the tenth?
    The one that wasn't apart of the other nine

never surrender, never give up

Never give up, just never do it again.

Today's food is tomorrow's energy.
    Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its troubles,
    it empties today of its strength.
    Today's pain is tomorrow's gain.

This is what I wrote in my friend's yearbooks a few years ago:

"Never stare into the sun or radioactive vegetables".

really? a friend wrote in mine:
    "see you next year, the *****."

moving back to the daily advice:
    Wise men don't need advice; fools don't take it.

Laugh and enjoy life.

The key for keeping a good relationship alive is communication. One should constantly return feedback to the other.

When one is closed-off, they will not gain as much from their surroundings. It is better to hold-off from forcing them to listen until they open-up.

If you have 2nd-thoughts about getting something done for someone else, make sure they know you have those 2nd-thoughts.
    That way they will not lose their time waiting on you.

Thread Information