dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Random daily advice thread

Ultimater,
    Have you recently grown a beard and moved to a mountain top?
    You've grown so sagacious lately!

KDLA

I don't recall moving to any mountain tops. I only live on ONE!
    j/k. "Have you grown a beard?" You know it! Yet sagacious does not come automaticly with the beard. KDLA, thank you for your kind words and admiring-feedback.
    Last edited by Ultimater; 04-28-2006 at 05:27 PM.

Ask yourselves, "What needs to be done?" followed by "Am I accomplishing this with what I'm doing right now?"
    Last edited by Ultimater; 05-02-2006 at 08:03 PM.

It's better to have 50% of something than 100% of nothing.

--Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimater
    The key for keeping a good relationship alive is communication. One should constantly return feedback to the other.

Thoroughly proven.

Isn't everything I tell you? (and if it isn't, it becomes true promptly after saying it)
    I should compile a list of everything I told you which was initially "wrong" and examine how long it took to take effect -- I have a feeling it is linked to my karma somehow. Probably be in the mid or late teens.

"They're too types of people, those whom got good grammar and those that don't got it."
    Isn't it obvious which category I fall into?
    "A lil' humor, given in moderation and given at the proper time, helps relax a person from their tension and open-up."
    The above line is today's random daily advice, the first lines were there merely to demonstrate.
    Last edited by Ultimater; 05-04-2006 at 04:54 AM.

I've got two that I've learned to live by. The first is that it's better to regret what you have done than what you haven't done.

Quote Originally Posted by dotancohen
    I've got two that I've learned to live by. The first is that it's better to regret what you have done than what you haven't done.
    Does that go for any of the crimes mentioned in this thread?
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

>>> It's better to have 50% of something than 100% of nothing.

- Hey! That's my motto...

I have to remind people of that on a daily basis.

Sometimes the best one can do for the other is "plant the seed".

When ordering food, don't get stuck with a mis-order, always ask the person taking your order to repeat it back. A good clerk will eagerly do this automatically -- without request.

When checking out in the market, be very observant how many times an item runs by the scanner. If you think an item was scanned twice or if the clerk had to manually enter something (like x2), always double check the receipt before leaving the register. If you think there was a mistake, count the items scanned. If the two don't match, hand over the receipt to the clerk that checked you out and say something along the lines of "I suspect there might have been a miscalculation, can you double check for me". Make sure they take at least a minute or two to double check the receipt and explain it over to you. If you don't 100% understand what they said, have them repeat it. If you're pretty-sure they are wrong, tell 'em that. If you still doesn't understand their logic 100%, have them re-scan all the items and see if the totals match up. If they refuse, ask them for the manger. Whatever the case, you should still act respectful and be polite -- make sure to thank them afterwards.
    Last edited by Ultimater; 05-05-2006 at 01:12 AM.

Extremes exist as a resource sorely for the purpose of giving direction. However, once one knows which path they are headed, they should avoid extremes and fall-back to moderation. What is considered moderation? That varies from person to person and from case to case.

Originally stated by HunterOriginal -- someone I've been freelancing for, "Function over appearance, always always always!"

In general, one cannot do everything in a single day they want to do. (unless your name is Ultimater ) Therefore one should organize their day to do only the things that take precedence prior to doing the less-important things. Following this advice, the most-important should be done bright-and-early asap -- yes, yes, even before visiting the forums.
    Last edited by Ultimater; 05-11-2006 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Harrison
    Does that go for any of the crimes mentioned in this thread?
    Most of them.

The second lesson is more of a personal nature than the first one is.

Know how much is too much, when to quit and when to lay-off.

Thread Information