www.webdeveloper.com
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Random daily advice thread

Live every day as if you'll die tomorrow, But learn as if you'll live forever

*goes and cries...*

Run an antivirus scan at least once weekly.

=edit=

And update twice weekly.
    Last edited by Sunny G; 05-22-2006 at 04:31 PM. Reason: i wonder...

Parents criticize their children out of love. One that truly hates another person wouldn't put out the effort -- yes, you heard me right, the effort -- to criticize the other person! One should even go as far as thanking such a person for caring enough to even give the criticism in the first place. Critique is to be used as a tool to help others and for others to help you -- not to be annoying with, helpful. If a person cannot accept criticism, how can others help you? Would you leave a person to die in the street bleeding to death? Even if he tells you to leave him alone as he approaches death while you can assist him? No! Heaven forbid! How much more so -- one should ready themselves in advance so they can accept critique from others!

Everything has its proper time and place. There is a time for criticism and a time for silence. Such a person that cannot accept critique can be told over-and-over without showing one iota of improvement. Such a person you should tell once, and only once, or even reframe totally because it is going to do nothing but anger the person and turn them hostile towards you. Critique must be given when the other person is ready and in a manner that they can accept -- not whenever one wishes to do so. Not when the other is angry -- closed-off to new ideas nor in front of all his friends, but rather in a soft, gentle, acceptable voice to show you are doing it out of love -- not out of hate. The Critique itself should be sharp while given in private but not reinforced -- once is enough, twice might backfire and most always backfires even if they don't show any signs. Planting the seed is already more than enough. What is considered sharp? Sharp is an undeniable reasoning applied correctly in their case that clearly shows what they are doing is wrong or needs improvement. The seed is your insurance and is bound to grow as time elapses, if the person can and ever will change. Sometimes the seed gets destroyed if the critique isn't made sharp enough by other people's seeds, hence the reason to make the critique sharp so the message stays in their head as long as it takes -- an immortal seed always there. In time you can check up on them but don't do it directly nor should you be the one criticize directly them again, notify one of your friends about them so they can be person #2. Remember you are trying to help the other person by criticism them -- not annoy the living daylights out of them, so do it right! Also watch for signs from the other person to know when to stop. Slamming the door is usually a sign that you over did it a while back and should have watched for earlier signs! Also, it enhances the results, which is the reason for critique in the first place -- results, to also show the person an "open door". Children, for example, need to follow by example. Some adults need to be dealt with likewise at times. Others can be told once, "thank you", and then work on themselves.
    Last edited by Ultimater; 05-28-2006 at 05:55 AM.

The wise continue to be the wise while the simple continue to be the simple. The wise can simulate the simple but the simple cannot simulate the wise unless they first meet the prerequisite -- knowledge.

One's nature is revealed through the physical. Prognostications are merely algorithms based on that revelation if things remained unchanged and things continue to happen the whey they are happening. Foretelling the future requires divine assistance because the final result is effected by freewill. If the future is known to the divine, how does one have freewill? The answer is that their divine knowledge, which we cannot even begin to comprehend, isn't a cause of the result. Take this case for example:
    Two locomotives are on the same track headed for each other. Both drivers can have no prior knowledge of the other train and have no idea they are going to collide. You can, however, realize they are on the same track and cannot stop on time to prevent the collision and will surely collide. The future is concealed from us -- the driver -- and the divine already know what is going to happen because the future isn't concealed from them. Knowing that the two locomotives are going to collide doesn't make you a cause of the result. Another explaination is that the divine aren't time bound and can see the future the present and the past all at the same time. Another is that the divine aren't allowed to interfere with the physical to have any effect on one's free choice and because of such they are revealed the future because it won't reach the physical -- kind of like a killer revealing his plans to his hostage before killing him because he can't make any use of it.
    Maybe the result of freewill is naturally revealed through an attribute of knowledge which man doesn't have so as to not effect his choice. Foretelling the future requires divine assistance because the final result is effected by freewill yet not a cause of it. If a human knew the future, or the language of the animals for that matter -- which are revealed the decrees of man, man would cause himself bigger decrees by trying to avoid the outcome of decrees he doesn't like and cause himself to have to befall bigger and bigger ones.
    (I gtg, I will try to edit this post shortly and re-word it to make it as sharp as possible, add some sources and possibly reveal some more information)
    Last edited by Ultimater; 06-06-2006 at 10:04 PM.

Don't flush the toilet while the bathtub is draining. j/k I haven't tried it.

Stay away from the crows. The crows linger where they sense impurity. Don't follow a pack of crows unless you wish to bump into the source of the impurity -- usually an item of the dead like a bone.

Never break wind whle standing still. After cetain bodily functions its best to leave the area immediately. If everyone else is choking and your not then this can be very humiliating.

People Lie.

Just be aware that it happens and dont let it catch you off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimater
    Logic can only bring you so far.
    I don't think I can take much more of your bad advice and opinions doled out as if they were facts. They're just crows, freaking birds, "usually an item of the dead like a bone", have you gone and done a survey now?

And for the record, logic is everything, without logic there's only chaos. All electronic devices are made up from millions of logic gates, including the human brain.
    Every fight is a food fight when youíre a cannibal.

Quote Originally Posted by David Harrison
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimater
    Logic can only bring you so far.
    I don't think I can take much more of your bad advice and opinions doled out as if they were facts.
    You don't think that's true? Why not? In general, logic is useless unless put to use through one's actions -- hence it can only bring you so far 'til one must take action -- which supports my statement

They're just crows, freaking birds, "usually an item of the dead like a bone", have you gone and done a survey now?
    You're right! Hehe, I doubt anybody will buy it. It sounds too farfetched when put into words. Not very useful for others either. I have already added it to my book of symbolism for future dream interpretations -- which I just recently started -- so I shouldn't need it either. Do me a favor and delete that post.
    And for the record, logic is everything, without logic there's only chaos. All electronic devices are made up from millions of logic gates, including the human brain.
    Chaos without logic? How do you drive that from there? Did you mean "without law and order"?

Caveman lived without the fear of a tiny button "slipping" to doom the world. Technology, a product of logic, gives power to the troublemakers to enhance the harm they can do before they themselves are killed. I'm sure you're gonna dive into "religion causes the desire for war". There will always be problematic people in the world, because of free choice, with the will to kill for whatever "reason". i.e. more land, more oil, more power, or even sport. There will always be wrong hands a wepaon can fall into (or at least until the end of days). Technology has enhanced weapons to deal more damage per person and brings chaos closer. As long as such people exist, all one can do is hope such people don't get their hands on any weapons technology created.

"logic is everything"? Did you mean "logic can be found all around us"?
    Otherwise, in general, "logic is everything", yet there are times and situations when logic cannot do it all for you. For example when taking a math test in school which requires a lot of logic, one still needs to show their work which requires pencil scribbling. What if the person's hand is injured and cannot write? A person can calcuate which kinds of supplements they should be taking but will gain no benefit from the supplements they bought until they actually swallow them. What if they never learned out to swallow a pill? I was saying that logic can only bring a person so far. One still needs to combine their logic with actions.

An attempt to get back on topic:

"Go slow to go fast." One is on a bike trying to make it up the hill of life. One can attempt to quickly make it up the hill on a low gear and find his feet not able to budge the bike. Although moving to a higher gear seems to take away from your initial speed, it will in-the-long-run get you up the hill quicker.
    Last edited by Ultimater; 06-12-2006 at 07:39 PM.

A lesson in learning new moves (physical activity):
    If it hurts you are probably doing it wrong.

One mustn't hesitate to use their tools, if hesitation is an issue, you won't be able to make use of your tool on time.
    e.g. If the store keeper hesitates to his gun and points it at the robber, the robber would shoot first. What's the point of even having the gun in the first place if you hesitates with it and bring upon your own death?
    Same goes for elsewhere. If you buy photoshop and "hesitate" to use it or don't put in the time to learn how to use it, all it did was cost you money.
    Last edited by Ultimater; 06-16-2006 at 10:23 PM.

Never forget your mum's birthday, or you may not hear the end of it till her next (this one from experience)

Always wash your hands immediatly after scratching [any body part].
    You never know when you'll have a hair stuck on your tounge.

Never engage in a battle of wits with a politician....they are unarmed

Behold, I have used diet and disease in the same sentence! That makes me more knowledge in the field of health and medicine than the majority of the Med. School graduates that still donít see the connection.
    Last edited by Ultimater; 08-25-2006 at 07:42 PM.

Thread Information