dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Porting to cgi.pm & html2cgi

Porting to cgi.pm & html2cgi

Hello,

I saw an article at stonehenge (Web Techniques Column 30 (Oct 1998)) on generating cgi.pm script for a given HTML.

To compile the script given ther one needs some additional '.pm ' files I believe (HTML:*** class files ?). Please let me know what downloads I have to do and what set-up needs to be done to run the script.

Also let me know, if I already have a generator script ( I mean, a PERL script which does n't use CGI.pm calls) is there easier way of porting it, than doing manually ?

Thanks.

-UMS

I saw an article at stonehenge (Web Techniques Column 30 (Oct 1998))
    Perhaps a link so I don't have to spend time searching for it?
    generating cgi.pm script for a given HTML
    CGI.pm is a Perl module. It already exists and does not need to be "generated". Much less for any one particular HTML document.
    To compile the script given ther one needs some additional '.pm ' files I believe (HTML:*** class files ?).
    Many of the HTML::* modules are a part of the standard Perl distribution and should already be available to you.
    Please let me know what downloads I have to do and what set-up needs to be done to run the script.
    What is "the script"?
    Also let me know, if I already have a generator script ( I mean, a PERL script which does n't use CGI.pm calls) is there easier way of porting it, than doing manually ?
    Why is a Perl script that does not use CGI.pm considered a generator script? For that matter what is a generator script? It is a very vague term. Is there an easier way of porting it from what? To what? Easier than what?

To be perfectly honest, nothing of what you posted is helpful or makes sense. I would rethink the problem and try stating it again. And especially get us the article. If everything you're doing is based on this then it would help immensly in identifying your problem.

Thread Information