www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Fireworks

Where I live, people get shot. I need to move.

resolved [RESOLVED]Fireworks

Does anyone know how to make an animated gif in Fireworks?

I have placed several images in a sequence and all have the time delay properties set to 2000/100 which is 20 seconds each...

Here is the problem, the first frame shows for the time set but subsequent frames only show for a few 100'ths of a second before returning back to the first frame...

Rollovers are not working as expected, if anyone can help with a 'how2 guide'? as the tutorial with the program asumes that you already are familiar with the Macromedia product range... I am no, I just know how to use dreamweaver! fireworks up until know has only been used as an image editor and processor... I found you could do WYSIWYG and render as a HTML so I thought I would give it a crack and its not working out as expected....

HELP!

[RESOLVED]

I managed to find out the problem, fireworks had encountered an internal problem and it wouldnt render the page correctly.
    Last edited by netbuddy; 03-13-2006 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Resolved

Thumbs up Macromedia Flash

i personaly use macromedi flash for any animated things i purly just use fireworks for still images

I tried flash and didnt like it.

I went for a NON Flash solution as its easier, IM not after an interactive site like that but for something thats going to be easily seen in any browser as I inteneded it without having to HTML and Script for BROWSER specific differences, so I chose fireworks as it presented (on first apperance) the least troublesome route to the look I was after but like everything, it is not plain sailing.

Any way, if ANY one can help with solving the rollover issue, I have the animated gif bit sussed, it was a runtime problem which has been solved, what I need is someone to help with the rollover issue.

Sorry but flash is out... Thx all the same.

Thumbs up

i think flash is easyer to use i mean if you want i will do it for you also if you dontis your site on the net as i would like to see what your trying to achieve... i made personally made a site using pure fireworks and it looked quite good but its not very interactive and so when i look at it to see whats changed i alsways think it woulod be so much better if i could have done it my way hav a look see if you agree click here

ok, here is the big problem... I have yet to buy my domain name and hosting services, at present my dev is on a lappy with servers, php and mysql.

My internet is currently via my girlfriends PC who guards it and my time is limited to when she goes out or is asleep...

IM after a text rollover with dark grey / black drop shadow to another dropshadow colour like dark orange for example.

The attached png is a 'fireworks 7' png file, earlier versions may throw errors or warnings, but... the file is 2 frames, top frame is text with grey shadow and bottom frame is same text with orange drop shadow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information