dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Blinking Text in Internet Explorer

Question Blinking Text in Internet Explorer

Is there any html code which will allow blinking text in Internet Explorer browser?

search this forum you'll find the answer has already been posted

Nope, blinking is only available in Netscape, and marquee is only available in IE.

Originally posted by Zujan
    Nope, blinking is only available in Netscape, and marquee is only available in IE.
    Um, NS do support marquee. Marquee is also suggested to be included in the CSS3 spec.
    Blink is already in the CSS specs, so IE not supporting is basilcy becuse it's buggy.

Naturally any browser that supports blink or marquee should have an easily reachable preferencesetting to turn them off, since they can be quite disturbing, especially for some disabled persons.

Hopefully the marquee will not appear in CSS-3, it would be rather illogical to use CSS for that purpose.

Originally posted by Robert Wellock
    Hopefully the marquee will not appear in CSS-3, it would be rather illogical to use CSS for that purpose.
    ??
    IMO it fits right in with CSS, providing layout and formating for unstyled HTML.

<marquee> as a tag however has no business existing at all.

Well, before we start talking about CSS 2 and 3 the intended audience should be determined. If for a general audience then you should create the page to be viewed on the lowest common denominator of browsers. In that case marquee is only on IE and blink is only on NN. Don't be jumping the gun before you know the audience, that is the #1 reason for designing your site, or should be anyway.

Originally posted by Zujan
    In that case marquee is only on IE and blink is only on NN.
    The <marquee> tag is implemented alread today on NN.
    At least bother to check before claiming how it is.

Yes, I was mentioning the effects of <marquee> element not the fact of why it may be consider presentational rather than structural, LOL.

Yes, the "Frobozz Magic Fudge Company" seems to have influence within the W3C. On one hand there's WAI on the other; well it will degrade gracefully, hmmm…
    Last edited by Robert Wellock; 12-17-2002 at 07:01 AM.

Yep on the latest browser version for sure. But read before you rebut, the older versions do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zujan View Post
    Well, before we start talking about CSS 2 and 3 the intended audience should be determined. If for a general audience then you should create the page to be viewed on the lowest common denominator of browsers. In that case marquee is only on IE and blink is only on NN. Don't be jumping the gun before you know the audience, that is the #1 reason for designing your site, or should be anyway.
    My sentiments also. I find in many coding forums, many breaking their necks to reply anything from "why do that" to "why in hell would anyone use such depricated gibberish" and beat me to death with "deprecated". Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge but if you don't know, please for God's sake stay out of it. Again, Thanks for constructive criticism.
    Don't throw links at me, which says to me that you're smarter than me I don't have the sense to already have researched it. Not all code is directed at corparations.

Hmm...wonder if that's a record for longest time between posts in a single thread here? (Just shy of 12 years!)
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

I agree I don't think the sound can be embedded like that

Thread Information