www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Personal journal

Smile Personal journal

Hallo,

I would like to create a personal (client side) journal for my dauhgter to use instead of keeping a journal on paper. Does anyone have any suggestions or can anyone direct me to a source. If possible I would like to use XHTML and CSS so that I can customise the journal to fit her profile/personality. I have no idea where to start.

The c/at without a h/at

You really need a server-side language, like PHP, for that. You could install XAMPP on your computer. XAMPP is a very easy to install Apache Distribution for Linux, Solaris, Windows and Mac OS X. The package includes the Apache web server, MySQL, PHP, Perl, a FTP server and phpMyAdmin.

We might be able to give you more specific assistance if you could tell us some of the features you would like to have in this "journal".
    Learn CSS. | SSI | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Dynamic Site Solutions

Design/program for Firefox (and/or Opera), apply fixes for IE, not the other way around.

Check out my blog.

It would be great if she could add photos of her and her friends, add some images to funk up her pages and acrcive old messages etc.

Do you think it would be better to create a web page based on the requirements that she can update herself? Upload photos and images change colour / backgrounds etc.
    The c/at without a h/at

A blog script might suit your needs.
    Learn CSS. | SSI | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Dynamic Site Solutions

Design/program for Firefox (and/or Opera), apply fixes for IE, not the other way around.

Check out my blog.

Try various CMS's (Content Management Systems) @ http://opensourcecms.com

Thread Information