www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Newbie question about Illustrator

Unhappy Newbie question about Illustrator

I want to rotate a logo with Swift 3D. I need an .EPS file to import. I have imported the logo (in .jpg) in Illustrator and saved as .EPS
    The only thing I see in Swift are the outlines of the document (8 vertically blocks in 3D) but no logo. When I put a text above my logo with the text-tool in Illustrator the text is visible in Swift.
    How can I, in an easy way, 'transform' the logo so it is visible in Swift 3D?

THX.
    Johan

I've never used Swift, but...

Will it allow you to import the jpg file, rather than having to save the jpg as eps in Illustrator?

Question

It is only possible to import .AI en .EPS files in Swift 3D. When I import an .EPS file I see only the document borders no image I imported in Illustrator. A text types in Illustrator is visible. I don't understand. Do you?

Are you adding text to the JPG file, then converting to EPS? Or converting first, then adding the text?

What about saving your image in the AI format? Does that work?

You could try using another application to convert your JPGs to EPS. I like Irfanview: http://www.irfanview.com/

Not sure what else to suggest, other than using something other than Swift 3D.

Good luck

Thread Information