dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: FF and anchor misbehaviour

FF and anchor misbehaviour

Can anyone advise what's happening with my site, e.g. at the wedding site I'm doing for my sister. It's all fine in IE, but when I do a print preview in FF the hyperlinks are shifted to the left about 150px, meaning they overlap the preceeding text. I can't see anything funny with my CSS files that would cause this, and I've not seen it happen in previous sites I've done. Grateful for any suggestions!

Instead of having all the specific margins/widths in your print CSS, you might change the margins to "auto" and your content section's width to "100%" -- that way, the browser can choose the appropriate dimensions for the print version.

KDLA

well that's not done it - now the links are broken and the text is hanging off to the right of the page...

anyone else any ideas? Is it doing the same for you, or is there something with the way my FF is configured? Image attached to see what's happening to it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry it didn't work for you. It might be your particular CSS settings.

I had a similar problem with FF, and the suggestion I gave you is what fixed it.

This is just a guess...
    You might try a word-wrap property:break-word for your links in the print css.
    (http://www.free-scripts.net/html_tut...t/wordwrap.htm)

KDLA

Thread Information