Online Web Utilities
By Scott Clark WebDeveloper.com brings you info about the best online Web development utilities! These services are provided to the Web community from the respective companies. If you use any particular service often, be sure to check out the commercial version of that service. There are also a number of online forms that are designed to make your life easier as a Web developer or designer. We've listed a bunch of them below.
If you know of any others, pass them on!
- Our review of NetMechanic.
- Preloader/Mouseover Code Generator Writes custom code for you!
- LinkAlarm Lets you validate the links on an entire domain, a sub-site or a single HTML page.
- Freedback.com's Feedback Form Allows you to use fill-out forms which email you feedback from your visitors! Freedback.com even generates the HTML for you.
- GIFWizard's Single File Utility This form allows you to upload a file from your computer and use the GIFWizard to compress it.
- GIFWizard's Single URL Utility This form allows you to select a file from your online site (a URL) and use the GIFWizard to compress it.
- SiteInspector This form enables you to check your site's HTML, load time, browser compatibility, and more.
- LinkCheck This form enables you to check out all the links on your site, either in foreground mode, or they will email you when the check is finished.
- AddIt! Fill in one form and submit your site to the most popular search engines.
- Java Boutique Applet Compiler Page If you've written some Java code but don't have a compiler on your machine, you can use this Web-based compiler to compile your Java applets or applications.
- GIFBot This service allows you to reduce the size of your Web graphics by up to 90%!
- ServerCheck This tool lets you check out the effeciency of your Web server.
- HTMLCheck Another NetMechanic service, this one checks the validity of your site's HTML.
- Internic Domain Registration Form If you want to register a .com, .org, or .net domain name, this is the form to start with.
- Web-based Domain Name Registration form If you want to register a .US domain, this form will get you started.
- HTML Color Picker This Web-based color chooser is a great example of DHTML.
- Java Color Finder A slick little applet that allows you to use a scroll bar to view different colors.
- AltaVista Translation Server This service allows you to instantly translate text or entire Web sites.
- PositionAgent Free Trial Service Allows you to check your site's position in the search engines.
Contact the WebDeveloper.com® staff
Last modified: 20