/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

I need to make a business listing website for my city like city tour

I want to make a website for my city where people should be able to search anything they need from a mechanic to car services, hotels, food delivery etc.

and I want a system where people should be able to register their shop, business or services on their own for a small fee.

Its user interface should be like [URL=”http://www.justdial.com”]justdial.com[/URL], its a local search engine but i want to make a website which is city website full of city info, attractions, places, shops, local businesses etc.

BUT MY QUESTION IS – [B][U]Which platform should I use[/U][/B]?

I know wordpress very well and can also understand Drupal and Joomla.
but is there anything you like to recommend me?

If you think it will be difficult for me to build a website like this then tell me how much it will cost to build a website lie this from a web developer ?

Thanks

to post a comment
Full-stack Developer

6 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@Clickpencil2Oct 25.2013 — you should use the adobe tools for the designing of your site. dreamweaver cs6 and much more platfroms are there which you can use for your work. wordpress is best for ecommerce web site development as its easy to use and having no risk. joomla and magento you can also try them.
@amitboteOct 25.2013 — Hello,

I think you should use Drupal. Drupal is best for big sites. I think the cost will be near abour $4000 to $5000.

You can do it. But you need someone help.

Thank you

Amit
@EmelyFeb 11.2014 — There are many options that allows you to make a quick website however a professionally designed web site adds more credibility to your business. If you are trying to budget the web design cost it depends on what you are going to need. Its better to request proposals from web developers or firm you are thinking of hiring. WordPress is ok if you are a hobbyist or a micro business but if you are a serious business whose website is important for marketing,sales and lead generation then i would advice you to build a professional web site as it can deliver serious results. Wish you good luck in your business.
@EmelyFeb 15.2014 — There are many options that allows you to make a quick website however a professionally designed web site adds more credibility to your business. If you are trying to budget the web design cost it depends on what you are going to need. Its better to request proposals from web developers or firm you are thinking of hiring. WordPress is ok if you are a hobbyist or a micro business but if you are a serious business whose website is important for marketing,sales and lead generation then i would advice you to build a professional web site as it can deliver serious results. Wish you good luck in your business.[/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.mapitinc.com/basic-website-design.php]website design service[/url]
@EmelyFeb 15.2014 — There are many options that allows you to make a quick website however a professionally designed web site adds more credibility to your business. If you are trying to budget the web design cost it depends on what you are going to need. Its better to request proposals from web developers or firm you are thinking of hiring. WordPress is ok if you are a hobbyist or a micro business but if you are a serious business whose website is important for marketing,sales and lead generation then i would advice you to build a professional web site as it can deliver serious results. Wish you good luck in your business.[/QUOTE] You might like to have some assistance of any [url=http://www.mapitinc.com/basic-website-design.php]Web Design Company[/url] that focus on some quality work.
@Jessica2233Aug 24.2019 — Though this discussion is old, I decided to add my answer here as I faced the same issues and spent much time searching for the solution. If you want to build a website, but don't have any coding skills, using a website builder can be a great choice. Modern web builders can provide you with beautifully designed templates and great features. Of course, there are many good builders, so you will need to choose a proper one. Here the reviews can come in handy. It is easy to find them on the Internet. Personally I found that one on [https://www.webbuildersguide.com/website-builder-categories/website-builders-for-business/](https://www.webbuildersguide.com/website-builder-categories/website-builders-for-business/) to be helpful.

Success!

Help @knowingreal spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.26,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({