/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Dissertation/Thesis Help

Hey,

I’m doing my dissertation/thesis and although not necessary i wanted to create a website that would collect my results. As my thesis is on “The emotional response the use of music in film has on the audience” a website would be the easiest way of collecting my data

I have an idea of upon entering the website you type your email address and it shows the content for my thesis where there will be text boxes that allow you to enter your emotions.

What i need help with is the coding for how i would set it up so the person can only partake once per email and also how it would collect the results.

any help would be great!

to post a comment
HTML

4 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@winthropiteFeb 01.2014 — Very cool subject for a thesis!

What programming languages do you know? This will require HTML, CSS, PHP, and a database such as MySQL.

I guess I should ask: when is the dissertation due?
@jedaisoulFeb 01.2014 — You definitely need HTML, CSS and PHP (or JavaScript) but you may not need SQL, depending upon the volume of replies you get, and how you wish to analyse them.

Speaking of which, how do you intend to analyse the replies? If you want to statistically analyse them, you probably WILL need a database, but, more importantly, you need to structure the questions to support analysis. I.e. Multiple-choice questions. Also, one error that beginners (and some professionals) make is to ask too many questions, resulting in people dropping out before the end. It is important to identify which are the most important questions you NEED, and leave out the rest.

Ideally you should mock up some answers and analyse them to see which are actually important. Oh, and get some friends to test run the questionnaire, to see if their understanding of the questions matches your intentions. Things can seem crystal clear to you that are not apparent to others!
@detasApr 23.2020 — I can't help you with creating a website because I know nothing about that process, but I think that I can help you with the dissertation writing process if you have trouble. When I was writing mine, I used writing service to get help with a few parts of it, but now there are so many writing services that it can be hard to choose. There is one review of the [best ones](https://paidpaper.net/best-dissertation-writing-services/) among all the dissertation writing services, which can help you and others to decide. Also, there is a comparison table with prices, all the pros, cons, and other useful info.

I wish you luck with your dissertation, and I hope that you'll manage to create that website.
@SempervivumApr 23.2020 — {"locked":true}

Success!

Help @gio6199 spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 5.8,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({