/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Online Store Custom Coupons

I am trying to start a business with some family members and none of us has a lot of money for startup so we are trying to keep costs minimal which means we are using mostly online free services for everything right now and we don’t have money for web design software or to pay for a server. I have some web design experience but haven’t used most of it in 10 years.
We paid for a domain name and an online store service (ecwid) and our main site is on google sites. I’m having trouble setting up the kind of custom functionality we want using the services we have access to. The thing I’m having the most trouble with is the discount system we want to set up.

We plan to sell to businesses and individual customers and want to have it so we can assign a store code to each business we sell to so that if any of their customers buy from our store the customer gets a discount but it also keeps a tally of how many times their code is used which will determine how much of a discount the business gets on their next purchase. Is there any way to do this with what we have?
Alternatively, I think we will have to link to a spreadsheet so I can manually keep track of the codes used and send out coupon codes to the businesses once they reach a threshold of uses but I would rather not have to do that. I’m also having trouble setting up types of accounts (without paying extra) to determine the price of products based on if it’s a business or customer ordering. Does anybody have any advise on this problem or better sites I can use that are just as cheap with better customization?
Thanks in advance.

to post a comment
Full-stack Developer

1 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@VITSUSADec 03.2019 — There are multiple ways to manage coupon system like if people use same coupon 5 times or 10 times then discount will be vary and you can fix the duration, how frequently people are using coupon code etc.…

So what is your exact requirement it will depend on them as well. For more discussion you can search me by using my profile name on Google for expert advice.

Success!

Help @whatsyourhp spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.29,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({