/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Hello!

I have begun using WordPress. I was just wondering if it’s worth my time. Is it a versatile tool for web developing? Can I create systems that resemble a buying and selling platform for individual users? Any tips for plugins?

Best regards Emil

to post a comment
Full-stack Developer

5 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@NogDogDec 03.2019 — Wordpress can be made to do a lot of different things with applicable plug-ins, and there are lots and lots of web sites that have done just that. As to whether it's the _best_ way to do those things is another question, one with a lot of "it depends" answers. For a mom-and-pop shop that might have single-digit sales per day, it may be perfectly adequate. For a business with thousands of product options that is expecting thousands of sales per day, it's probably not going to perform/scale well -- but then such a business should be able to afford some custom development. So... 🤷‍♂️
@VITSUSADec 04.2019 — @emilakesson#1611397 That’s great  If you have start working on WordPress because there are so many plugins like Yoast for digital marketing and other plugins for e-commerce website are available which will help you to increase conversion and sales through website.
@emilakessonauthorDec 05.2019 — @NogDog#1611424

@VITSUSA#1611443

Thanks!
@homeshowoffDec 05.2019 — Wordpress is extremely easy to use and understand. -- you can virtually YouTube anything you are trying to achieve with wordpress and there will be an answer. Wordpress is also very versatile with lots of plugins that can help you achieve what you want. Woo-commerce is also easy to integrate and work with.
@brad_jonesDec 06.2019 — Woo Commerce is probably the most popular plug-in for WordPress for doing eCommerce. If you chose to go the WP route and plan to sell, then this would be a plug-in to consider based on its popularity.

Success!

Help @emilakesson spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.29,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({