/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Modifying website data

Hi all, I was told to modify a website made by someone I do not know. I’m able to access the website using an FTP program (FileZilla) but I cannot find the file I’d like to modify. In the website I see several folders. One of them is called wordpress and inside it I can see ‘wp-admin’ and ‘wp-content’. I cannot locate the webpage I should modify

to post a comment

3 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@VITSUSADec 11.2019 — If you know the name of file so you can find file using (ctrl+F) and update them and if file name is different then you will have to find out on the server.
@webdev_damauthorDec 11.2019 — Thank you for your quick reply. I think I've found the index.html.

Now I should modify the price of the items listed in the webpage.

I've opened the index.html file and I've found this:

<div class="price pink">{ metro_price } <span class="rur">Р</span></div>

How to find and modify which price is assigned to the expression { metro_price } ?

Thank you in advance
@nshepDec 12.2019 — If you want to modify a price, you most likely need to log in to the back end of the site and change it there. You can get there via yourdomain.com/wp-admin.

In addition, you seem to know very little about how WordPress works. I'd advise you to check the official documentation at codex.wordpress.org/ so you don't break anything. Especially the part about modifying themes, which is best done with a child theme https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/advanced-topics/child-themes/.

Success!

Help @webdev_dam spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.25,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({