/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Expired Domain Name Problem

I am the webmaster for a church website. We changed our domain name several years ago but kept our old domain name redirected to the new one. We decided to let the old domain expire back in Nov 2018. It looks like someone used DropCatch.com to backorder and then purchase the old domain name in Feb 2019. The old domain name URL now displays as our church name but the home page is a bogus WordPress site with meaningless links to “Car Repair”, “Fashion”, etc. Why would someone pay for our old domain name just to display a useless website that makes no sense? The ICANN Lookup Whois listing displays Contact Information as ‘Redacted for privacy’ so I cannot contact the domain owner. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can get our old domain name back? We now realize it was a mistake to let it expire but we did not expect anyone would want to use a domain name which contains our church name.

to post a comment
Web Hosting

1 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@VITSUSADec 16.2019 — In this situation you can directly connect with website owner or send message through their website for them and request them to provide that domain for you.

As a website owner people have rights to implement anything on their domain, so you can not force them to do anything. As a website owner people should know about relevancy of the website before implement any thing, otherwise wise to get rank any website without relevancy on search engine is not easy task.

Success!

Help @kaiwa01 spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.26,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({