/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

save webform as a file on server

Hi Guys,

I’m struggling with building a webform that can be saved by the user as a file on a standard location on the fileserver.
Why? The site is used in a production environment as a way to get information from our ERP system (Proteus) and also send some information back. What the people in the production do is registrating their work time, looking at the production planning and now they also have to fill checklists that need to be stored on the local fileserver. The problem is that all of this needs to be done in a web browser. I know that saving documents from a webserver to a location on a fileserver is violating a lot of security protocols, but in our case, all is running locally and on the same fisical server, so no security risk from outside the company. I wonder, could this be done at all and if so how ???? Please, help me?

to post a comment

2 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@MattjeauthorMar 25.2020 — The Checklists that need to be filled in are specific for each production order of course. So, what I can do is let the ERP software create an empty form for each production order. First the user opens the planning list with all production orders, ordered on delivery date. He clicks an order and then gets the option to start the hour registration for a specific work type in the next page. when he clicks a button to start the hour registration, the next page offers a link to the order information (pdf) and a drawing. All specific for that production order of coarse. This is all implemented and working. What I can do is add a link to a webform and when the production worker edited the form and hits the send button, it will be stored, as a html file, with the information edited by the production worker. The question is how can I store the HTML file, when the user hits the send button. That should be possible I guess is there any script out there that can do that ?
Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@MattjeauthorMar 25.2020 — Another (even better-) way would be to open a pdf form with a link on the webpage (directly from the file server, without downloading) and then just save it. The problem here is that I don't know any way to open a document from a file server with a link on a webpage. Is there anyone who can help me with this, please?

Success!

Help @Mattje spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.25,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({