/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Which book should I pick up to learn JavaScript as a complete novice?

I am complete novice, to both programming and JavaScript. I do not know programming fundamentals, JavaScript basics, or any programming language. I only know HTML and CSS. I was looking for a physical book (paper) to learn JavaScript. I did a number of Google searches and read reviews but most books seem to presume that the reader knows at least the fundamentals of JavaScript and has some experience tinkering with it. Could you please list some books to learn JavaScript from the ground-up (starting with fundamentals), the book teaches from ground-up and assumes no previous knowledge on the reader’s part except HTML and CSS? In addition, while I will practice writing JavaScript along with reading the book, the book, while starting with basics, should be packed with enough information so that I can build a cool web app by the end of reading it. with Furthermore, if possible could you link a webpage with a good list of books to learn JavaScript for a complete novice, to both programming and JavaScript, having never written code except HTML and CSS. If possible, the book should teach ES6. Please do not suggest Eloquent JavaScript and You Don’t Know JS Yet by Kyle Simpson because I have already taken a look at it and it is a more ‘intermediate’ book in my opinion. The author himself notes – “If you are new to programming or JS, be aware that these books are not intended as a gentle “intro to JavaScript.” This material is, at times, complex and challenging, and goes much deeper than is typical for a first-time learner. You’re welcome here no matter what your background is, but these books are written assuming you’re already comfortable with JS and have at least 6–9 months experience with it.” . Thank you for your help!

to post a comment
Full-stack DeveloperJavaScript

8 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@VITSUSAApr 27.2020 — You are right, but every people have different capacity to learn anything. Currently you have 6 month experience but once you complete your app, your review will be change.

Every people share their experience which they have faced at the time of learning, but you should understand the intent of the topic which you are following.
@AdrianaHindsJul 10.2020 — I would recommend you read and read two books:

• - JavaScript The Definitive Guide (you can buy it [here](https://www.amazon.com/JavaScript-Definitive-Guide-David-Flanagan/dp/0596000480))

• - Effective JavaScript. 68 specific ways to harness the power

• These are very cool books that I have read myself and recommend to you.

I would also recommend you to search for various information at [this link](https://papersowl.com/examples/). Here you will find a lot of useful information on any topic that interests you. Personally, I use it often, so I recommend it to you.
    @Martin_SmithJul 14.2020 — JavaScript and JQuery Interactive Front-End Web Development, by Jon Duckett

Eloquent JavaScript: A Modern Introduction to Programming, by Marijn Haverbeke.
    @lazydeveloperJul 14.2020 — I would suggest javascript.info - simple and modern javascript tutorial.
    @IhechikaraJul 31.2020 — I agree with Mariam_Smith
    @RxnrxcomAug 01.2020 — mariam thoughts are good.
    @YusifFosterNov 11.2020 — If you are an older job seeker, sell your work experience by including examples of your achievements on your resume. The more you show your prior work success, the more you point out how your accomplishments can benefit a potential employer.

An online builder live career review can help you write a resume that will include any recent training courses, certifications or other credentials to show they are up-to-date in their field.

If you are a younger candidate, be sure to include your summer jobs, internships or volunteer work along with any relative skills that will give you an advantage over other applicants.
    @JeyRed76May 06.2021 — Thank you!

Success!

Help @ForLone spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
    Sign in
    Forgot password?
    Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
    about: ({
    version: 0.1.9 BETA 3.29,
    whats_new: community page,
    up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
    coming_soon: events calendar,
    social: @webDeveloperHQ
    });

legal: ({