/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Shopify or Wix or WordPress

According to you, as a beginner which platform will more useful to make an website where user could put more images and videos on their website to make an engagement with users? and why?

to post a comment
SEO

17 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@lilly888Jul 24.2020 — Hi! I chose Magento once and has never regretted.

I love Magento for such benefits:

-It's SEOfriendly. SEO advanced support enables products rank on all popular search engines such as Google, Yahoo and more. Magento creates title tags automatically as well as lets you to create them manually. It also prevents you from content duplication, by adding canonical tag, which links your duplicate content. To prioritize categories, products and pages, you can use a sitemap.

-Gives Hosting freedom. Unlike Shopify which has several restrictions regarding hosting solutions, with Magento you can use any type of hosting options for online stores.

-You can choose between: hosting provider, the model, the package, anything that fits your business needs. Moreover, if someday you decide to migrate to another hosting provider, you can easily move to a cozy corner you like. This option is not available for all eCommerce platforms on the market.

-Enables Third-party integration. Magento provides many third-party extensions for various needs such as payment gateway, comments plugin, analytics tool etc. This flexibility lets you easily upgrade services through the extensions.

-Scalability, flexibility, speed. No one could deny, that speed is one of the main ranking factors as well as factor, that defines the quality of eCommerce platform. Due to immense Fastly updates for Magento Commerce Cloud, page latency decreased impressively.

-The same with scalability and flexibility. Magento cares about anysize stores from small to huge ones. If your store grows, Magento will take care of it as well. Check our services [here](https://elogic.co/services/)
@jamesc001Jul 24.2020 — WordPress Website is the best platform if you can do Seo of website (without Spamming) if you are a spammer google will replace your site URL automatically. on the other end if your are working shopify amazon ebay etsy other online stores you have to follow their privacy policy and you have to pay fee also to them . thats why make your own online eCommerce store and become the boss
@NaheedJul 29.2020 — Major platforms are Shopify, WordPress, Magento, and Wix. For e-commerce, there are Shopify and Magento platforms and for beginners you have to work on WordPress and Wix for the practice. And among all the platforms the best one is WordPress because it allows you to custom development of the website.
@vigilantpestcontrolJan 05.2021 — Wordpress is the best platform to promote the website.
@ChiantiJan 06.2021 — Build a website: Shopify, BigCommerce

There should be more of these two common ones in the market. I am still learning about them, so I went to check them. I think shopify is good, simple, practical and top-notch. The one-piece is easier.

Product selection: [AmzChart](https://amzchart.com/), [FindNiche](https://findniche.com/)

Product selection should be a relatively big operation. To find the most popular products on the market, the easiest way is of course to search the ranking list for anything. But also consider their bsr and other data. We collect popular items mainly to choose and sell, so we need to obtain more comprehensive data.

Probably this is the case, the filter conditions can be adjusted according to the needs, and there is even a market trend of the category. (I am a layman, I don’t know very well yet, but it seems to be very practical for e-commerce friends)

Advertise: UnrealFront

You can set templates to make some relatively simple creative videos for advertising, which is quite interesting

It's still free at present, and friends who are interested can simply try1try

Pre-advertising research: SocialPeta

It’s hard to know how to do everything. Advertising sounds like doing data. In fact, research is really too much energy. It really feels more painful than doing programs. Not only learning, but also a lot of research. Channel research, keyword research, creative type research, creative format research, audience research, competitor research, similar advertising material research...

Of course, you don’t have to repeat the survey, you will know most of it after doing a few, but you need real-time monitoring and tracking...

Everyone who does advertising has a member advertising tool in their hands. I use the domestic SocialPeta. The above functions can be realized. With the functions of e-commerce, it is equivalent to games, apps, and e-commerce. There are many similar ones. I think the database of SocialPeta is relatively large, so in addition to company cooperation, individuals also recognize it. Others, such as the more well-known AdPlexity, PowerAdSpy, etc., are also good, but they are more expensive, and the database does not seem to be that way. And I prefer SocialPeta's channel research and comparison, which can compare the differences in advertising types of various channels, which is quite smooth.

Search keywords/words of interest + audience: [AdTargeting](https://adtargeting.io/), Facebook Audience

Audience research is inevitable in the end of making products. Facebook is the main advertising platform of e-commerce, so it’s good to mainly consider Facebook audiences. AdTargeting is a relatively simple choice.

Estimated cost: [ADCostly](https://adcostly.com/)

It is omnipotent. Advertising is to calculate the cost. Recently, many friends have asked me questions about the audience. In the end, I have to return to how to control the cost. I feel that investing money in it has no effect. Audience keywords are part of the reason. In fact, keywords also have their own average CPC and CPM data. ADCostly has integrated some resource data and got an estimate. This is a budget that we can probably know in mind. There are also the CPC of the platform, which is the most basic estimate.

Advertising: Adespresso

It’s good to do Facebook advertising, but in fact, the process is not very difficult, you can do it yourself, but you can refer to the information on their website, which can help a lot.
@marksmith121Jan 06.2021 — WordPress is good for putting more images and videos on your website.
@abdlimranJan 07.2021 — If you want to full functionality of your website then WordPress is good for you, WordPress is fully functional and customizable.
@johncarryJun 03.2021 — My Favorite is WordPress. Because WordPress is Easy to Use. you can put anything in this site. any video, any image
@DigiEdXJun 04.2021 — Hey there,

As far as Shopify is concerned, its moreover an Ecommerce friendly website . On the other hand Wordpress & Wix do cater to a larger niche of websites.

Here in your question, the niche isn't very much specified, so assuming you must be looking forward for a rather informational website. So based on this assumption i would highly suggest to go with [Wordpress](https://wordpress.org/) : Self hosted ones. There are plenty of reasons to back this, let me point out couple of them :)

• - **Wordpress Self Hosted** gives you complete freedom of creating / developing what you desire.

• - Plenty of Themes & Plugins Support available

• - Most user friendly & powerful CMS Admin to manage content of your website with abundant features.

• - There's no restriction of images / video uploads from Wordpress end, you can touch horizons based on your [web hosting](https://bit.ly/bluehost_digiedx) plan.

• - One of Best SEO Optimised platform. You can use various plugins / methods to optimise SEO of your website to a next level

• - NO ADS from Wordpress ! , you can however use any platform to monetise your website

• - Notably, you can build some awesome ECommerce websites as well using WooCommerce.

• - Most popular platform on Internet ! **Nearly 40% of websites on Internet are on Wordpress !!!**

• - Huge Community Support

• - You can find & thus Hire Expert Wordpress Developers across globe easily for your website.

• So i feel , this makes a very clear understanding that which one should you choose & why ! :)
    @carbikemoversindiaJun 08.2021 — I would like to suggest Wordpress is the best
    @Will111Jun 18.2021 — Every CMS has its own benefits, features, advantages, and disadvantages. Another thing is that it also depends on your requirement which type of website you want. WordPress provides better customizable options that make it the right choice for beginners. Shopify is specifically used for creating an online store and eCommerce sites to sell products and grow business. Wix also provides [custom website development](https://thecustomwebsites.com/) with a responsive layout by helping users through drag and drop options.
    @JohnPhilJul 07.2021 — WordPress has worked fine for me.
    @christophercloudJul 09.2021 — wordpress. all day. If you need a host for the sites, get one that pays you to do it!

I host the sites I build for clients with a host that pays me to host the sites with them. Not a massive fortune but

definitely adds up. Helps me in charging the clients less as I make passive income from the hosting.

Not going to advertise for them but can put you in touch if you're interested
    @yogitaJul 19.2021 — https://upsurgeservices.in/ This is a great article with lots of informative resources. I appreciate your work this is really helpful for SEO Marketers.visit us<a href="https://upsurgeservices.in/" >UpSurge Services< /a> is one of those unique digital marketing providers in Pune which blends creativity with feasibility.We understand your needs like ours, & our digital experts are dedicated to developing the most effective marketing strategy & its execution to get your marketing and business goals. We are offering a plenty of services like SEO, SEM, SMM, Complete Digital Marketing, Website Design and Development, Domain Registration, Web Hosting, E – Commerce Solutions, Logo,Broucher Design, and other IT related projects.
    @SOLOWEBYSEOAug 03.2021 — sin duda, wordpress en la mejor opción, sobretodo si más adelante quieres trabajar acciones SEO

without a doubt, wordpress in the best option, especially if later you want to work SEO actions (translate added by site Admin)
    @dosiyeAug 04.2021 — The site of our real estate agency on shopify. It was not difficult to create such a website. To fill the site, we used a quality presentation of real estate that Spotless Agency helped us to get at [https://www.spotlessagency.com/](https://www.spotlessagency.com/)

here with the help of virtual staging for our real estate agency we have prepared the best presentation of houses and apartments. And now we have it on our tea. This works great
    @NogDogAug 04.2021 — {"locked":true}

Success!

Help @VITSUSA spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
    Sign in
    Forgot password?
    Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
    about: ({
    version: 0.1.9 BETA 3.29,
    whats_new: community page,
    up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
    coming_soon: events calendar,
    social: @webDeveloperHQ
    });

legal: ({