/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Autofilling Logins

I’m creating a web browser using CEFSharp. It seem that the only method available to access the HTML elements of a web page is via JavaScript. I’d like my browser to be able to autofill login forms, so I created a script that looks for any form tags on the page, retrieves the name and ID of any input tags, adds them to an array, and then sends the array to the browser program. The program then works out what type of form is on the page, and can then autofill the values, e.g. document.getElementById(‘user’).value=’username’;

This works fine for the most part, but there are login forms, such as the one on Twitter, that don’t enable the login button unless the user enters the login details manually. I’ve tried simulating a mouse click, and I’ve also tried simulating key presses, but neither seems to work. Any ideas?

to post a comment
JavaScript

4 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@VITSUSAOct 22.2020 — Great :) but what unique functionality you will provide for your customer in your browser?
@NachfolgerOct 22.2020 — > @VITSUSA#1624501 Great 🙂 but what unique functionality you will provide for your customer in your browser?

He's asking a question, not looking for feedback. Can you do the forum a favor and read before you respond?

See below.
> I've tried simulating a mouse click, and I've also tried simulating key presses, but neither seems to work. Any ideas?
@VITSUSAOct 23.2020 — @Nachfolger#1624510 Nachfolger, I know what I have to answer, and what i have to ask. My next answer was depend on their answers.

If you know the answer, so why you did not give the answer?

You could also answer of this question as well in the same thread, why you did'nt?
@waliddOct 24.2020 — He's asking a question, not looking for feedback. Can you do the forum a favor and read before you respond?

Success!

Help @jcvamp spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.27,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({