/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

YouTube video transcript search

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to be asking this. But I want to create a website that will allow you to search a video library. For instance – if you have a large youtube video library – I want to be able to search the transcript of that video library by key word or phrase. The result will produce that specific video and go to the specific time that keyword was mentioned. I have the transcript and have it bracketed out by time every few seconds – so you could easily find the timestamp for that keyword search. Trying to understand the complexity of a project like that. Obviously it would involve more design considerations – but the basic functionality is searching a large video database

to post a comment

4 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@VITSUSADec 19.2020 — @john_galt0311#1626036 You are in the right place to get the solution to this problem. So please let me know where you are stuck?
@NogDogDec 19.2020 — > @john_galt0311#1626036 searching a large video database

So for me, based on the limited info, I'd start with how that data is going to be stored and optimized for searching. (RDBMS, NoSQL DB, something else?) What you'll probably want to avoid is searching text files.
@SebastianwoodDec 29.2020 — YouTube does not allow you to download videos directly from their site. You need to use a links YouTube video on your site or what your mind of this?
@causedbycausesSep 17.2021 — Hey! Can you share with us wether you got to any solution or not? I did find the site Youglish.com that does the same as you wanted. For my purpose (I'm a psychology researcher, not a web developer) it is almost perfect, the only problem is that it requests for human/bot check every 10 or so videos on a list of thousands I need to analyze and get back to begining of the list every time. I'm stuck, so if you develped something that could serve my purpose I would like to pay for it once or monthly. Thank you.

Success!

Help @john_galt0311 spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 5.1,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({