/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Which web framework(s) are best suited for this embedded web server

Hello all,
I am seeking advice on which web frameworks to use for my embedded web server. This device is based on Raspberry 4B running 64-bit Ubuntu server 20.04 LTS. It will have the following:

• Web pages that produce a device configuration text file

• Web pages for data visualization with both fixed (as in historical data) and real-time data

• Data files are in csv format for visualization (thinking of using Javascript-based Google charts)

• Access security (limited number of users)

• Easy to customize data visualization

• File upload/download utility
    Apache2 is also available with Ubuntu
  • My priority is on data visualization in terms of available charts/tools (e.g. Google charts), ease in development, and fast chart rendering.

Any advice/suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

to post a comment

6 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
    @VITSUSAApr 13.2021 — @TC2020#1630259 Hello TC2020, there are many suggestions for you who can help you to solve this problem. how can we connect to discuss more about it?
    @TC2020authorApr 13.2021 — We can certainly discuss it here in this forum, perhaps others may benefit from it as well.

Via other channels, some have suggested me using Flask/Python for light weight simple configuration. Is it suitable for data visualization?. My current considerations include Apache2, Node.js/JavaScript, PHP, Django. I am just not sure what these choices would lead to with respect to my project requirements. I posted this in hope someone with experience would point me in the right direction.
    @NogDogApr 13.2021 — My first thought was Python with Flask for something relatively light-weight and well supported. When you add the phrase "data visualization" that would seem to be right in Python's power zone, as Python seems to be the general-use favorite of data scientists these days (or perhaps more specifically all the data libraries/components that are available?).
    @TC2020authorApr 13.2021 — Python was actually my initial thought because of data visualization. For my application, basic charts such as Google charts are more than enough but these are JavaScript based. So if I go with Python-based framework, can I still use those charts somehow, or are there Python equivalent charts, or do I have to reinvent these with Python's tools?.
    @NogDogApr 13.2021 — Getting outside of my wheelhouse of expertise (if I dare use that term), but https://www.google.com/search?q=python%20flask%20google%20chart gets some promising hits of tools for Flask using Google charts, so maybe that can be handled pretty easily?
    @TC2020authorApr 13.2021 — Yes, right after my last post I actually did that and also read more blogs on Python-based frameworks, especially Flask vs. Django. First, Flask seems to handle Google charts, which is good as that was my main concern. Second, blogs out there seem to suggest Flask for something like what I want to do. They also suggest to start with Flask as it's easier to learn. My project is not like a big e-commerce site but rather very small, so I may start with Flask and see. Thanks for spending your time with my post.

Success!

Help @TC2020 spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
    Sign in
    Forgot password?
    Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
    about: ({
    version: 0.1.9 BETA 3.29,
    whats_new: community page,
    up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
    coming_soon: events calendar,
    social: @webDeveloperHQ
    });

legal: ({