/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Looking for a specific Javascript

Function of this javascript is to refresh every minute, and check against a collection of alerts, on the right time, it will have a popup displaying the alarm.

Point of this is I will have a collection [most likely a json collection] for a javascript to loop over. This collection will contain a bunch of dynamic alert’s set my new notifications. When a new notification is sent out, it gets stored in the json collection, and the looping javascript will chekc it every minute. If time has expired on one of the notifications, it will spawn a popup with information reguarding what the next step is.

Anyone heard of something like this?

i am debating weither to do it with wddx or with json. suggestions please.

to post a comment
JavaScript

3 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@A1ien51Apr 21.2006 — Why wouldn't you just use setIntervals instead of constantly checking?

Eric
@skilled1authorApr 21.2006 — Why wouldn't you just use setIntervals instead of constantly checking?

Eric[/QUOTE]

the set intervals is once a minute, and i can do that i just need a source of the code i am looking for, or if someone could point me in the right direction.
@rootApr 19.2018 — @skilled1#555992 You can do this in HTML, no need for JavaScript.

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="60">

Placed in the <head> of the document, will automatically refresh every 60 seconds until page is unloaded (closed), no javascript needed.

Success!

Help @skilled1 spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.26,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({