/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Boooking On line

Hi i have been given the opportunity to build a Web Page for a Hotel.
This hotel would like for people to be able to book on line.

I am unsure of how to make this happen.
I understand that a merchant is needed and that a hotel will already have a booking system of some sort.

If you have any information on how i can do this i would appreciate any help.

Cheers

to post a comment
PHP

4 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@chestertbFeb 07.2007 — The first step will be to find out if they're plugged into an on-line reservation system like Galileo or Magellan, or a marketing group like Best Western (or similar).

If yes, then the technical support from those guys ought to see you through this.

If no, and the brief is to actually WRITE an on-line reservation system, then that's a HUGE project.

You'd be far better off going to a script library site and doing a search for "reservation". There are a couple of relatively inexpensive packages at hotscripts.com that look like they might be worth investigating.

Alternatively, you might look at plugging them into one of the existing service providers (like Magellan or Galileo, or even hotels.com, lastminute.com or similar. This isn't a decision for you to make though, it's a decision for your client. All you can do is present the alternatives.

Finally, if they already have a back-end reservation system and they just want to provide a web front-end, then find out if that back end already comes with a web interface. Some do and some don't. If it doesn't, then you have the unenviable task of telling your client that it's time to get a new hotel management system, because running two parallel reservation systems is a recipe for disaster (and some very unhappy guests).

A few words of caution from someone with a little experience in this industry...

Reservations systems are notoriously difficult to implement. The choices you make as to which direction you're going depend on the hotel's target market. That means those decisions are really up to the owner.

Hope this helps

CTB
@free5tyler31authorFeb 07.2007 — Thank you so much for your help much appreciated
@BrowndoorFeb 17.2019 — If you make a website for a hotel, please take a closer look at this. I have a few bad incidents that repel me to use these services. I have a problem, because of which I need the help of an animal, but this problem is not for medical intervention, because of this document they do not give me. So on many hotels, when they give the choice of settlement, almost no one specifies that entry with animals is prohibited. Of course, I found a website http://www.thedogtor.net/emotional-support-animal-letter that helped me to make a document confirming the help of an animal, but this is not how it works, I rely on one thing, but I get a lot of unnecessary problems in response.
@rootFeb 18.2019 — {"locked":true}

Success!

Help @free5tyler31 spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.20,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({