I work for a company based in San Jose, CA, and we're looking for a web developer/designer with Drupal or Joomla experience who has the ability to work part time (20-30 hours) on site in our San Jose office. We're learning that most developers are freelance and many our out of the state, which has made finding the right person tough.
I'm wondering if anyone here can offer me some advice/tips as far as where to search for developers. We've tried Craigslist, Monster and Dice, with no luck. Is there a more direct venue to advertise or network? I'm also wondering if there is anyway you can pass this posting along to anyone you may know in the Bay Area. Thanks... any help is greatly appreciated!
Web Developer Wanted for National Media Company | Discovery Girls Magazine
Employment type: Part time (20-24 hours per week)
Employment type: Contract
Discovery Girls, Inc. is a national media company that publishes Discovery Girls, the magazine by girls, for girls ages 8 to 12, an award-winning national publication with a mission to inspire and empower young girls with a current readership of over 900,000. The company also publishes guide books for tween girls and creates interactive and informative content for tween girls and parents on www.DiscoveryGirls.com.
Discovery Girls, Inc., is looking for a highly motivated Web Developer to create unique interactive experiences for our audience of tween girls at www.DiscoveryGirls.com. Projects can range from small promotional web pages and game interfaces to full web portals and large web-based software applications. You will be primarily responsible for the development, design, maintenance and integration of user friendly and interactive features on our web site www.DiscoveryGirls.com. Additional tasks will include technical planning, establishing and adhering to project timelines and general web site maintenance and fixes.
This position will initially be on a contract basis and the person should be available to work a minimum of 20-30 hours per week (sometimes more, depending on projects) in our San Jose office on a flexible schedule between the hours of 8am and 6pm, Monday through Friday.
• Possess the passion for creating innovative interactive solutions to meet market demands.
• Is Web-savvy: Keeps up with the latest developments, events and standards within the web industry.
• Have strong animation skills using Flash, and other software.
• Understands rich Internet applications, mobile applications and gaming on the web.
• Ability to capture and define interaction via wireframes, specification documents, interactive prototypes or other methods as required.
• Can quickly create solutions based on experience and talent, as well as research and process.
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and has the ability to work on multiple projects if necessary.
• Driven to accomplish goals with an interactive team and propel Discovery Girls forward.
• Has a talent for implementing CMS (Drupal preferably) to its highest potential.
• Is knowledgeable with Mac OS and MS Windows.
• Knows how to use Adobe CS3 Programs.
Email your resume and a link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sorry—we can’t consider applicants who cannot provide an online portfolio or who are unable to work in our San Jose office.
Absolutely no recruiters, phone calls or drop-ins, please.