For complete application instructions, go to www.ijm.org/careers/applynow
As part of the application process, please provide your online portfolio URL in the cover letter
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a Back-End Web Developer to help evolve our global online strategy and deliver a world-class user experience. You will help ideate and deliver a new international web presence to support the growing constituent communication and engagement needs of IJM affiliates, field offices and headquarters. Additionally, you will serve as lead strategist in helping to integrate our growing web infrastructure with existing systems and third party tools to help the organization realize its relationship marketing and constituent loyalty objectives. You will be a critical thought-leader in helping to monitor and embrace new online trends to optimize advocacy and fundraising performance; and will creatively lead development for email campaigns and architect other mission-critical web services.
• Perform on-going assessment and develop long-range plan for continuous improvement/upgrading of IJM’s web presences; improve user experience through the optimized server and database performance;
• Develop scalable web applications geared toward helping the organization and internal clients achieve their goals;
• Design, develop, deploy and support online campaigns (fundraising, advocacy, etc.) using the Convio platform and other social media platforms; integrate the Convio platform with other webservices through SOAP or REST API’s;
• Perform Quality Assurance tasks for the maintenance of Web site functions; troubleshoot error reports and work with the front-end web developer to validate that any updates and upgrades are performing properly;
• Perform activities relating to the overall maintenance and administration as well as integrate website(s) with other information systems (configuration, troubleshooting, and performance tuning); and
• Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience
• 2 years or more experience with web development, database development/administration and coding;
• Familiarity with Content Management Systems (Drupal, Joomla, etc.) and Client/Constituent Relationship Management;
• Clear, articulate written and oral communications;
• Experience with Convio’s suite of eCRM tools (including TeamRaiser, Email, Advocacy, Common Ground) a plus;
• Experience working in Python/Django or Ruby on Rails a plus; and
• Interest or experience developing iOS/Android applications with standard and custom UI components is preferred.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles Creed;
• Demonstrated flexibility in a deadline driven work environment;
• Attention to detail;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Adept at innovative problem solving; and
• Sustained positive attitude.
• Competitive salary, with medical, dental, and retirement benefits;
• Position reports directly to the Director of Interactive and Creative Services;
• Position based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area; and
• Applications accepted until the position is filled.