I am currently looking to hire a web developer for our ecommerce company- we are located in NYC and want someone working on site in our office. I have been struggling to find someone to fill this position. Any advice on where to post this job?
I have used dice, craigslist, indeed, linkedin, careerbuilder, monster, authentic jobs....any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Here is the job description:
- eCommerce experience – Basic understanding of common features of the major e-commerce solutions, especially payment processing, product importing via CSV or txt, conversion systems, EDI and security features– Should be between an intermediate and expert level.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing work streams simultaneously and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills while also self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- PHP Development : Must be able to create and manipulate PHP for functionality, namely for financial and e-commerce services – Should be at an intermediate level and provide some examples of code or websites.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) –2+ years’ experience.
- HTML and HTML Validation –2+ years’ experience.
- Content Management Maintenance – experience with at least 2 major CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, etc)
- PSD to template – Able to convert PSD layouts to templates in specific CMS.
- Server maintenance, SSH and bash commands – Some experience needed.
- Photoshop Experience – Some experience needed.
- Must be available for full time on-site work
- Focus will be on both front-end development and back-end work
- Develop code for the website
- Make technical recommendations related to user experience and capabilities
- Research emerging technologies with the goal of applying these technologies to current and future projects