I'm having trouble connecting to a database on another server. I have setup the DSN which in testing works perfect. However when running the asp script with the follwing code:
Set rsGetInvoiceContact = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
rsGetInvoiceContact.ActiveConnection = MM_conn_to_EFACs_STRING_ap
rsGetInvoiceContact.Source = "SELECT * from "& ActinicPersons &" p WHERE p.[Contact ID] = " + Replace(rsGetInvoiceContact__vInvoiceID, "'", "''") + ""
rsGetInvoiceContact.CursorType = 0
rsGetInvoiceContact.CursorLocation = 2
rsGetInvoiceContact.LockType = 1
rsGetInvoiceContact_numRows = 0
With the below connection string:
MM_conn_to_EFACs_STRING_ap = "dsn=DSNefacsdb2;uid=IUSR_RFS01;pwd=Splendid01;"
The error show after running the script:
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error. The provider did not give any information about the error.
/Sales/order_entry.asp, line 55
When running the script against the local database it works as I want it, I have adjusted all the permissions on the other database for the user IUSR_RFS01, but still no joy!