That's the thing, I did make a back up and restoring it didn't fix the problem. I uninstalled Zend and reinstalled the whole thing, and now I have a new problem but I'll post that on their support forums since it seems to be a zend specific thing.
Just in case you might know though, now when I changed my httpd.conf the changes didn't seem to take. Namely, I changed the document root, and the directory to be D:\wwwroot and it still served out of the <install>\htdocs folder. However when I changed the name of the file, apache was unable to start saying it couldn't find the file. And when I changed it back it started but still serving out of the htdocs folder.
This is why all my servers are Linux but I got a nice windows laptop I'd like to be able to develop on.