We're looking for a Web Developer to join our growing team in the Philippines. Responsibilities will include writing and editing code, assisting with sale changes and website updates, and working with our US-based management team to ensure an excellent and efficient experience for our online customers.
Description: The Web Developer will report directly to our Philippines-based Web Developer I. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the management, maintenance, and on-going support for existing Ecommerce sites
- Building additional websites on a variety of platforms and CMS’s, including Joomla and Volusion
- Slicing .psd files and coding these into live sites
- Making systematic edits to HTML, CSS and JS codes based on a sample given
- Create and Maintain data files in Excel, XML and database such as MySql
- Creating ASP, PHP or Other scripts to automate processes to support operations
- Understanding different processes and find ways to optimize and organize to achieve accuracy and efficiency
- Maintain FTP files and organize file structure with consistent file naming conventions as needed
- Perform functional, browser compatibility, load and security testing
- Create proper documentation and integration guide on all scripts and applications
- Other tasks and responsibilities as business needs evolve
- Must have a minimum of 2 - 5 years experience in PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascipt/JQuery and ASP
- Proven excellence building and managing websites using Joomla and/or similar systems. Applicants should include 1-3 websites completed within the last year. Please only include a maximum of 3.
- Strong understanding in web application security and optimization
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM and website strategy
- Strong attention to detail and proven multi-tasking ability, especially with multiple high-priority tasks.
- Willingness to double-check work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Fluency in written and spoken English as the management team is US-based
- Willingness to learn new tools, coding languages, and software quickly and independently. Ideally, will have a track record in such endeavors.
- Ability to communicate well through a task, clarifying potential issues before they arise so they can be worked through effectively. Excellent communication skills are a must-have.
- Comfort working through a task via electronic means: online project management tools, email, Skype, and chat
- Strong dedication to a team environment and to meeting deliverables.
This is a home-based position with flexible hours, although daily reporting is required. Because of the remote nature of work, occasional late nights and/or early evenings will be required to facilitate communication with the US-based management team, but in general, working hours occur during Philippine-business hours.
Programming & Languages Required
- XML and API integration
- Advance level in HTML and CSS
Required Development Tools
Applicants should note if they have any of the following non-required skills:
- Setting up macros in Microsoft Excel
- C#.Net programming
- JQuery Mobile
- Bash/Shell Scripting
- Linux System
If you're interested t join our team. Message us or reply to this thread.