- For how long have you worked as a programmer?
As a programmer, about 7 years, in the IT biz, over 20 years
- Any particular programming languages you mostly use?
- For what purposes?
mostly server-side web development, some client-side
- Which text editors do you use?
- What defined your choice?
Tried many, liked its features, speed, and price (free)
- Which text editors you might have been using before?
PHPDeveloper, Apatana, NetBeans, Eclipse, Notepad++, to name a few
- Do you follow the other text editors updates?
Very occasionally; usually when I hear a fellow developer mentioning something about an editor s/he likes
- Which text editors you DID NOT like? Why?
I found Eclipse to be too sluggish, but that was a few years ago, and it may be better now for all I know
- What functions might some text editors be missing in your opinion?
Built-in support for PHP XDebug (including Komodo Edit -- you have to pay for the IDE version to get it)