/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Create custom designed PDF files using php

hi

i am creating a web site having forms. i want to make a print option that generates pdf file.

i have many application forms in hard copy and i am converting them to be filled online. when user fill the form and want to take print, the out put file should be formatted same as the form in hard copy.

can any one help?

to post a comment
PHP

8 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@dclampMay 07.2014 — FPDF is a great, I have used it in the past: http://www.fpdf.org/

Google shows build-in PDF functions, though I have not used them: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdf.php
@snafusevenMay 07.2014 — Hi,

you might be interested in my side project: http://template2pdf.com/

Which is basically an API to generate PDFs out of OpenOffice templates.

There is php example code available and it is currently free for low volume usage.

Regards,

Sven
@ginerjmMay 07.2014 — FPDF is a very good class for generating pdf docs. Of course, you have to create the document from scratch, meaning that you will be using your current paper forms to design and implement computer-generated ones. But - that is the beauty of it! You can make exact copies of your forms with some diligence or design your own newer designs using the data on the screen or from a db. Takes a little experimentation and some learning and remembering your x & y coordinate system but once learned it's a pretty easy tool.
@dclampMay 07.2014 — FPDF is a very good class for generating pdf docs. Of course, you have to create the document from scratch, meaning that you will be using your current paper forms to design and implement computer-generated ones. But - that is the beauty of it! You can make exact copies of your forms with some diligence or design your own newer designs using the data on the screen or from a db. Takes a little experimentation and some learning and remembering your x & y coordinate system but once learned it's a pretty easy tool.[/QUOTE]

One ability I wish it had was to add to existing PDF files. Its so much easier to use Adobe to design the PDF. Cheers ?
@arronleeMay 23.2014 — [COLOR="#333333"]FPDF is a very good class for[/COLOR] [COLOR="#333333"]generating pdf[/COLOR] [COLOR="#333333"]docs. Of course, you have to create the document from scratch, meaning that you will be using your current paper forms to design and implement computer-generated ones. But - that is the beauty of it! You can make exact copies of your forms with some diligence or design your own newer designs using the data on the screen or from a db. Takes a little experimentation and some learning and remembering your x & y coordinate system but once learned it's a pretty easy tool.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="#333333"]Dclamp said that it's so much easier to use Adobe to design the PDF. I want to try it just now! Thanks for your info. Good l

Best regrads,

Arron

[/COLOR]
@shep_pettiboneMay 16.2018 — Well, I'm not sure this is exactly what you've asked for, but here some pieces written in php are https://ds11.pdffiller.com This one is focusing on processing pdf-documents in order to fill tax forms, passport applications and else in paperless fashion, but I do sure that this would come in use to you at some levels. But frankly, from all these had been mentioned above my reply I tried out template2pdf only, so I have some things to make comparison of as well
@ginerjmMay 16.2018 — You do realize this post is 4 years old?
@NogDogMay 16.2018 — {"locked":true}

Success!

Help @aliusman21284 spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.26,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({