/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Integration of hosted live chat login feature for websites and communities

Have not seen this online before..If anyone needs a custom chat login integration, Chatwing has released it wide to everyone for free. There is also a nice sandbox area you can test in the dashboard to encrypt/decrypt messages. They provide both Javascript and HTML code for each chat you create along with a custom direct link.

this is how the describe it:
Custom login feature allows you as the developer to integrate your own account system into your chatWING chatbox so that your users can start chatting without having to registering a new account or using another account from Facebook, Twitter etc..

to post a comment
JavaScript

5 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@BrianResendbkauthorAug 20.2014 — Update: was able to integrate the chatwing into my community within several minutes pretty simple, the part that took the most time was creating 2 of my logo icons for login and users that is required.

here are the instructions they provide with the example code:

In order to use custom login feature, you must provide the login URL, user icon and login button icon.

Login URL: When an anonymous user wants to login, they are redirected to this URL. In the login URL, you must provide a way for users to login and/or register new account. You are responsible for handling any errors that may occur during the process. After the user is authenticated, you must redirect them back to redirect_url (it is provided automatically when calling login url from the chatbox) along with a new query param called custom_session containing the encrypted session of the user (more on it later).

For example, if your login url is http://mydomain.com/chatwing-login, the redirecting url would be

http://mydomain.com/chatwing-login?redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fchatwing.com%2Fchatbox%2F56b65f57-13c8-4498-b7b4-489fab9e9340%2Fcustom

After authenticating and encrypting the user session, you must redirect the user back to us by using the above redirect_url and append the encrypted session in custom_session

http://chatwing.com/chatbox/56b65f57-13c8-4498-b7b4-489fab9e9340/custom?custom_session=[the encrypted session]

Secret: This is used to encrypt the custom user session. Here is an example of the PHP implementation

$data = array(

'id' => 1,

'name' => 'Custom Login',

'avatar' => 'http://mydomain.com/avatar/1.png',

'expire' => round(microtime(true) * 1000) + 60*60*1000 // in millisecond

);

$data = json_encode($data);

$blocksize = 16;

$secret = '';

$md5 = md5($secret);

// Strictly maintains the length of key and iv

$key = substr($md5, 0, 16);

$iv = substr($md5, 16, 16);

// We need to pad the input manually to match with the server-side's padding scheme

$pad = $blocksize - (strlen($data) % $blocksize);

$data = $data . str_repeat(chr($pad), $pad);

$encryptedSession = bin2hex(mcrypt_encrypt(MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_128, $key, $data, MCRYPT_MODE_CBC, $iv));

id (required): It can be anything as long as it is unique to identify each user

name (required): Name, just name

avatar (required): Absolute path to the avatar (must start with http:// or https://, otherwise, http:// will be appended automatically)

expire (optional): The lifespan of your custom session (in millisecond). It is recommended that you set it to a reasonable value to avoid identity thief

User icon: The icon displayed near the name (must be 16x16) Custom login user icon

Login button: The button displayed in the login method dialog (must be 88x25) Custom login button
@plexxerSep 24.2014 — I usually don't recommend any services, but there is a service that I am very satisfied with.

It is called Chat4Support. (I am NOT affiliated with this company - Just really like the service) It is the best live chat software program that I personally use. It has powerful features including:

• auto/proactive chat invitation

• website visitor tracking

• monitor site traffic

• track website visitors

• analyze visitor web activities

• support ticket system (great and fast support)

Just to name a few. Essentially, Chat4Support enables live chat with your website visitors and allows you to collect useful visitor information such as their referrers, their location & IP, how many pages they are visiting, whether they are repeat visitors, keyword usage, and many other features that I can’t recall right now. The visitor chat window even offers support for multiple languages. I would definitely recommend this software…
@plexxerSep 24.2014 — I usually don't recommend any services, but there is a service that I am very satisfied with.

It is called Chat4Support. (I am NOT affiliated with this company - Just really like the service) It is the best live chat software program that I personally use. It has powerful features including:

• auto/proactive chat invitation

• website visitor tracking

• monitor site traffic

• track website visitors

• analyze visitor web activities

• support ticket system (great and fast support)

Just to name a few. Essentially, Chat4Support enables live chat with your website visitors and allows you to collect useful visitor information such as their referrers, their location & IP, how many pages they are visiting, whether they are repeat visitors, keyword usage, and many other features that I can’t recall right now. The visitor chat window even offers support for multiple languages. I would definitely recommend this software…[/QUOTE]

[B]Here Are All The Features:[/B]

Valuable Visitor Identification

When a visitor browses your website more than once or browses an important page, you can identify this visitor immediately. You can also identify VIP visitors from your visitor list or who chatted with you before.

Keyword Match

When a visitor goes to your website by using a search keyword that matches the keyword list you pre-set, you can identify this hot prospect immediately.

Live Chat

Chat with visitors in real-time and provide live assistance option to visitors when they need help.

Compatible with Most Browsers

Include Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, Opera, Firefox.

Multi-Operator Chats

Visitors can chat with more than one operator at the same time. And the operator can transfer the chat to another one if necessary.

Visitor Traffic Monitoring

Monitor the daily and monthly web site traffic, including page views and unique hits (unique visitor IP). Collect visitor information, such as geographic region, browser type, and operating system.

Referrer and Keyword Usage Analysis

Analyze where your visitors come from and their search keywords usage.

Knowledge Base Management

You can store questions and solutions frequently used for visitors, sort them into specific folders, and send them to your visitor instantly.

Visitor Identification & Footprint

Store your visitor's chat history, contact information and footprint in the operator's server, which helps to identify each visitor once they log in again, and operator can check the browsing history of visitor.

Instant Usage

You can set up Chat4Support within 10 minutes. No need to set up any server and there's no setup fee or contract . Visitors don't need to download/install applications or sign up. Anybody can login at will.

Visitor IP Blocked

Block IPs of vicious visitors. When you block IPs successfully, you can monitor the number of blocked visitors in a blacklist.

Auto-Invitation

When a website visitor browses a webpage that exceeds a set time, Chat4Support can send an invitation to the visitor automatically.

Operator Robot

When the operators are offline or in busy status, the visitors can choose the Robot Knowledge to answer their questions. The visitor only need to type the question with the keyword in the input box. Then the robot operator will provide the corresponding answers for them to choose.

Chat Statistics Report

Review all chats with visitors, including successful and missing chats. There you can analyze all chats by different statistics, such as chat time, response time, operator logging-in date or chat history and so on.

Proactive Chat

Invite visitors to chat on your operator's own initiative.

SSL Security

When you use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), your conversation with visitors can be encrypted so no one can intercept your critical dialog.

Skype to Phone

If a visitor provides a phone number during a chat, the operator can use Chat4Support to connect Skype to call the visitor directly.

Support Ticket System

When operators are off-line, visitors can leave messages in the system and choose a department to reply to them.

File Transfer

Visitors can transfer the files to operators, and the operators can send files back to visitors as well.

Visitor's Activities Status

Display the status of website visitors' activities, including browsing, calling or chatting, and time information.

Customizable Buttons

Upload customized chat buttons or create your own design and use them for both online and offline buttons.

Canned Messages

Save your most common messages for greeting and signing off, etc. This saves time wasted on composing, poor grammar and embarrassing spelling mistakes by operators.

Chat History

Save all your chat sessions and easily review chats online.

Company Banner/Logo

Upload your own images in the chat dialog box for a completely branded user experience.

HTML Message Chat

Send message to visitor in HTML format.

Unicode Support

Support different languages for both visitors and operators.

Free and Automatic Upgrade

You can always use the latest version of Chat4Support. Chat4Support system will periodically upgrade the version for you.

Email Signature

When a visitor receives your email, the visitor can click the chat button to chat with you in real-time. You can even add a live chat button in your Outlook Express messages.

Screen Capture

You can capture any screens and transfer them to whom you are chating with.
@salvadorjerroseFeb 19.2015 — i will chime in here after testing and implementing the chatwing service. i can say it is very very good.

i integrated into my existing website community accounts and everyone of my users is very satisfied, we had been looking for a chat room service for a while and very happy to say finally found it. The other really helpful feature chatwing has are the mobile apps, i get alerts and push notifications direct to the phone when people are chatting in rooms, so i can jump in and respond instant. It gets 2 thumbs up from me.
@Liam_HoustonMar 25.2015 — I would have to recommend Click4Assistance for their hosted live chat; my business has been working with them for years now as they are based in the UK, they have exceeded our expectations since the moment we signed up, check them out at http://www.click4assistance.co.uk/

Success!

Help @BrianResendbk spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.29,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({