We are looking for someone who can help to create amazing user experiences for our clients customers. In doing this, you’ll be implementing highly modular and refactorable UI components across a scalable application framework, designed to maximise reuse across multiple channels. You will work closely with Digital Designers to derive the end-to-end solution, through clearly specifying UI deliverables and their associated (channel specific) interactions. You will create solutions that are ‘on brand’ and work with the Software Engineers to ensure that the UI solutions you build are fit for purpose, cost effective, and are delivered on schedule and to specification.
You will be expected to interpret and negotiate business requirements across product and marketing teams to deliver high quality, visually appealing products, with a focus upon customer experience and usability requirements. You’ll have a strong grasp of industry best practises as well as what’s on the horizon, and know how to put them to best use to meet end-user needs.
You will need to actively participate and, on occasion, lead in the agile design and front-end development of our Web applications and portals to support our clients business objectives.
Our client is committed to sound agile development principles and require people who demonstrate the same commitment. You’ll want to be part of a self-organising team and have views and experiences of how to get the most out of these teams. You’ll need a healthy amount of pragmatism and know that an agile team is empowered to balance the commercial needs of the business against the ideal implementation, proposing sound phased or tactical implementations where appropriate.
You’ll be invested in our clients products and business roadmap, and will look to proactively suggest ways to improve the quality of our clients creative concepts and product releases, in terms of brand/style guidelines, UI frameworks, adoption of new techniques or open-source frameworks.
• Demonstrable UI component design skills with a strong portfolio
• An understanding of server-side scripting, client-side scripting, form handling and general Web application development
• Experience with large and complicated Rich Internet Applications
• Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
• Proficiency in visual design and wire-framing tools
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user interaction
• Ability to present designs and sell solutions to stakeholders
• Communication skills, including working with executive and senior management
• Knowledge of the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies
• Experience of producing UI solutions in accordance with various business models
• Awareness of UX information/interaction design
• Proven experience in building web applications to comply with industry standards
• Commercial experience of version control systems and techniques
• Committed to developing a ‘can-do’ culture and a strong keenness for learning
• Experience working in an Lean/Agile delivery process
If you are interested, please contact me at email@example.com