/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Can you help me make my post for a web designer more attractive?

NOTE – I’m not advertising this here, so please don’t try to apply or pm me.

I need to advertise for a web designer, this is a big important job, and I’m inexperienced. I’m afraid good designers will not be attracted. So far this is what I have:
“I’m looking for an experienced web designer to design a cross-platform website with some ecommerce from scratch. Development of the site will have 2 stages. You are bidding on the first stage, but you should design the site in such a way that the second stage will integrate nicely with the first.
It’s a (human) language learning website, and there are several tools that need to be incorporated. I have a detailed ppt ready for review for qualified candidates. There is a lot of work here, and the deadline is 2 months.

Skills required:
Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator
CSS / CSS3
HTML / HTML5
jQuery”

What would you change about this to make it more attractive?

to post a comment
Full-stack Developer

10 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@rootNov 02.2017 — Your limitations...

Why only Adobe? Why not other editors that are equally as good?

HTML5 is the latest and any backwards comparability needs to be completed by a polyfiller (JavaScript or written in by the backend)

JQuery, whats wrong with the stuff thats already waiting to go, that stuff called JavaScript, it ahould be JavaScript with any working knowledge of JQuery, focusing on JQuery alone does not guarantee you to get someone who will need to use JavaScript with JQuery as JQuery alone a website does not make.

I would also touch on some back-end stuff, PHP or whatever you use on the server as well as a bit of Database languages knowledge.

So to make it attractive, you would need to make it "Hours to suit" with a minimum expected work return per week.

You would be advised to have some form of contract of employment written up that also includes a couple of caveats where they are on a retainer until the client has accepted the goods as fully working and tested as you don't want someone to write code, get paid and bugger off and leave you holding a failed site. So you should be careful to ensure that the person you employ is going to commit to such an agreement when the time comes to resolve the errors / bugs in the code.
@rootNov 02.2017 — Your limitations...

Why only Adobe? Why not other editors that are equally as good?

HTML5 is the latest and any backwards comparability needs to be completed by a polyfiller (JavaScript or written in by the backend)

JQuery, whats wrong with the stuff thats already waiting to go, that stuff called JavaScript, it ahould be JavaScript with any working knowledge of JQuery, focusing on JQuery alone does not guarantee you to get someone who will need to use JavaScript with JQuery as JQuery alone a website does not make.

I would also touch on some back-end stuff, PHP or whatever you use on the server as well as a bit of Database languages knowledge.

So to make it attractive, you would need to make it "Hours to suit" with a minimum expected work return per week.

You would be advised to have some form of contract of employment written up that also includes a couple of caveats where they are on a retainer until the client has accepted the goods as fully working and tested as you don't want someone to write code, get paid and bugger off and leave you holding a failed site. So you should be careful to ensure that the person you employ is going to commit to such an agreement when the time comes to resolve the errors / bugs in the code.
@leosmithauthorNov 02.2017 — Thanks very much.

I was totally guessing on the skills, so I'll amend those. I'm planning to post this on upwork, and the advice I got from here was to put it out for bids, rather than hourly. Need to think about that some more.

I think upwork agreements cover the rest of what you suggested, but I'll confirm. I want to set up intermittent goals and check work at those points, but as an inexperienced person it might be hard to check.
@NogDogNov 02.2017 — Not sure if this is the case, but if you already have the [i]design[/i] (e.g. in that .ppt file?), then you don't need a "web designer", but instead a "front-end web developer" who can implement your design, I think?

PS: I'd likely want something in there emphasizing the need for "responsive design" for different devices/screen-sizes.
@PaulCalNov 08.2017 — Try to find a full stack dev for that. They can correct and front and back and all. Or **Links removed by Site Staff so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.** and search for an article that explains how to fix your problem.
@loveguruindiaNov 21.2017 — Impressive information you shared.
@CameronSnyderSep 17.2018 — Web Design Tips for a Business Website

Have a Plan

Remove stocky images and ambiguous terminology

Include social share and follow buttons

Implement calls-to-action

Use the right imagery that works for your audience

Create a navigation that guides users through your site

Let your visitors scroll on your homepage

Don't afraid of white space

Stay mobile friendly

Focus on SEO

Never stop testing

Find and fix 404s

Create unique offerings

Create content for your persona

Also you can find the answer for your question in this wonderful web site https://researchpapers.io/samples/defining-diversity-the-evolution-of-diversity-2-466/
@waqaraslamSep 17.2018 — hi dear i can do this .i am a new webdesigner and also i want some work so plz contact with me

contact mail is **[deleted, since this is an almost 1-year-old thread]**
@NogDogSep 17.2018 — {"locked":true}
@rootSep 17.2018 — @leosmith#1520633 Its whatever you need but remember that most people end up writing contracts that have not been looked over for any legal issues or ensuring that they haven't set themselves up for a big wedgie.

You know why these top CEO's and banking executives that get paid bonuses get paid them because they basically were offered the job and the contracts never specified any defaults, etc. Thats how they get to keep them.

I really would, if it were myself, make it a really point and one to stick on, that the job aint done until the client signs off on it. Therefore payment does not mean the end of the job and neither indication of more payments, the job isn't done.

However, this has to be balanced against what the client discussed with you and what you promised for delivery as the end product and services has to be an achievable goal.

Writing your own contracts really isn't something you should be doing and relying on a website to cover you, you do need to get someone with legal knowledge, especially in employment law to look at your contract, specify exact terms and ask them to put it in to some legal order. If it costs $300 to save your ass from a $300,000 compensation claim from either client or programmer, you best have some indemnity insurance, especially if you are in the USA, after watching a number of US tv programs about insurance, debt, scams, its very evident that if someone can and finds a loophole to exploit, you could be in lots of hot water.

You need to be careful with this, once you have the blueprint, its money well spent.

Success!

Help @leosmith spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 3.28,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({