This Developer will work closely with other developers, engineers, operators, and our NASA customers to develop and support GIBS, an open-source (https://github.com/nasa-gibs) web service and the backend to NASA’s Worldview, as it migrates its existing Linux-based on-premises system into an Amazon Web Service cloud-computing environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) and 5+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of back-end development experience including Node.JS
· Experience developing and executing continuous integration tests (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins)
· Ability to effectively maintain a version controlled code repository using modern tools (e.g. git)
· Experience supporting operational deployment troubleshooting and issue resolution
· Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems
· U.S. Citizenship required
· Prior Python development experience
· Experience with continuous deployment practices (e.g. Docker Containers, CloudFormation)
· Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining software that leverages AWS core services (e.g. compute, network, storage, database, management, etc.)
· Knowledge of security as it relates to an AWS infrastructure and experience with AWS step functions
· Demonstrable experience participating in open-source software projects
· Familiarity with GDAL/OGR and NASA Earth Observing System (EOS) data products
The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
If your interested in joining our team please message me. I'll do an employee referral for any qualified candidate.