/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Back-links a commodity. ?

This is more of a question o everybodies thoughts on seo. We all know backlinks still carry alot of weight in ranking , though not as much as before and im sure it declines every year as google finds other reliable metrics. Ive noticed there are many articles on how to build backlinks we have all seen them . And they all say the same thing , competitor backlinks , blog guest posts , infographic sights and so forth.

Ive notivces however now more than ever that everywhere you turn to submit a article , infographic or any kind of material which cost you time and money to produce and is essentiially increasing the value of the website you intent to place it on , everything today costs money , every submission.

Whats ironic is that in the google guidelines it says that any paid link should be a no follow , meaning carry no ranking influence abilities , so it defeats the whole object.

I just kind of wonder if google is letting this happen to make ranking harder , and cause more people to turn to paid advertising.

to post a comment
SEO

8 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@karooFeb 02.2018 — enter on google seo blog to learn latest news , back links still important any way
@brad_jonesFeb 05.2018 — My understanding is that Google wants to give credit in the rankings for naturally occurring backlinks - ones that were put into content or on a site because they made sense, not ones that were paid to be placed.

As a note, you can get content placed on sites with backlinks without having to pay for that placement. The key is to produce relevant content for a site that is not advertising (nor native advertising). If unique, exclusive pieces of content are produced, and if the backlink you are including is relevant to the content, then chances are a site will take it for free or possibly even pay for it.

Brad!
@nesirauthorFeb 08.2018 — My understanding is that Google wants to give credit in the rankings for naturally occurring backlinks - ones that were put into content or on a site because they made sense, not ones that were paid to be placed.

As a note, you can get content placed on sites with backlinks without having to pay for that placement. The key is to produce relevant content for a site that is not advertising (nor native advertising). If unique, exclusive pieces of content are produced, and if the backlink you are including is relevant to the content, then chances are a site will take it for free or possibly even pay for it.

Brad![/QUOTE]

Hey brad thanks for commenting. You have to pay to be considered in your submission there is no we will publish and publish it for free ( very rare anyway ).

Funny think is googles guidelines say that any paid link should be a no follow. I once had a discussion on the advertisers forum where i was also told any website caught selling a link in any form is de valued in terms of what it can offer in ranking.

I understand what you are saying , but i do believe you need to have a good network of influences to be able to get content posted for free, every webmaster and his dog knows how desperate people are for links.

The think is for the new guys on the web establishing a network is a very difficult task.

Natural links are great because of how rare they are, but this also forces many webmasters to opt for paid advertising .

I guess anybody who puts money into their website is going to make sure they are posting, creating quality content so it will raise the bar in terms of what we see on the web.
@VITSUSAAug 02.2018 — @nesir#1526085 Backlinks are more important to rank your website in search engines. You are also aware about penguin updates there Google had penalized some paid links also. Presently multiple people have different mentality about backlinks. So, if you maintain relevancy in backlinks then you can achieve good ranking on search engines.
@seoplan01Aug 03.2018 — Backlinks or incoming links are still important especially with Google they have strong incoming links from other websites its like a majority of trust and websites that have more backlinks get a higher position in the Google SERPS.
@nesirauthorDec 07.2018 — @VITSUSA#1594510

yes i am aware my point is the usual ways in which we attained backlinks are no longer working. Because people have realised the value of backlinks. Sell guest posts in the like.

I know about penguin, I know about duplicate content and keyword stuffing. I know about link schemes and bought links. I can show you many many sites who for the last two years have dominated organic search because of these methods. Google preached alot, but unless there is actuall money involved they are slow to do anything.
@rootDec 07.2018 — If you really wanted to know, asking google search would bring up the words of google themselves on everything you need to know about ranking in google, SEO in google and all the other googlish things that google does, I call it hoop jumping.
@ghorbanpourDec 09.2018 — Hello friends

Thank you for your good description

In my opinion, Backlink is one of the most influential parts of SEO.

When your website attracts links from other sites, Google makes it clear that your website is definitely a great site to which all these people have linked.

In essence, backlinks are created naturally by others.

But when you make them yourself, you've actually used the black hat technique and put yourself in the position of others.

But in any case, everyone will use this method, and I think it will definitely be very effective in gaining a better place on Google.

-------------------------------------------------------
my personal [url=http://www.developer.com/aup.html]site[/url]

Success!

Help @nesir spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.25,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({