/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Hey all! I’m a SysAdmin by trade and I’ve been asked to set up a website for team registration for a charity kickball event benefitting the Special Olympics. I’m in a little over my head here and hoping somebody would have some tips for me.

Basically, I need to have a form that takes in basic information (team name, email, phone number, etc.), jersey size (individual), jersey color(group), and then calculates the amount the team owes based on the jersey selections (some jerseys will cost more than others depending on size, color, and style). There will be one registration form filled out per team, so they will need to be able to indicate the number of team members and select a jersey size for each member.
Finally, the form will also need to be able to accept payment based on the figure calculated from the jerseys.
Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? The site will be hosted in conjunction with the city’s website, if that helps.

to post a comment

4 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@VITSUSAApr 24.2018 — May I know which platform you are using for website?
@lukedrobertsauthorApr 24.2018 — Do you mean like Squarespace or Wix? Because my original plan was to just write the HTML myself because the city has a web server, but the reason I'm asking is because I'm looking for the easiest/cheapest (free? lol) solution.
@NogDogApr 24.2018 — HTML won't be enough. You'll need server-side code to accept the form submission, store the info wherever you need it (database?), and potentially connect to a payment portal of some sort?
@rootApr 25.2018 — Why not use a simple eCommerce tool and set up an inventory and integrate it with your site, it would take care of payments, invoicing, all the stuff you would need to code for is readily available.

You then only need to input the data and maybe skin it to match the main website you will need to provide for the API to work.

Success!

Help @lukedroberts spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.26,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({