/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Is it possible to build my own single user VPN in PHP?

I have respectable internet speed (50/50 from my ISP). But I strongly suspect certain activities like video streaming from certain sources are being throttled. To remedy that I’m considering purchasing VPN service. But I’m also already paying my hosting company (Hostmonster) for a good middle tier shared IP hosting package, with unlimited storage, unlimited domains, and as far as I know no limit on CPU time for php code. So it occurs to me that before I go ahead and pay a monthly fee for VPN service, maybe I should ask if its possible to build a complete Single user VPN in PHP, and place it in my web space.

Next, if it is possible, I probably would not want to attempt scratch building something like that. I’ve done a fair amount of coding in other languages, but I’m no expert in PHP and think this would be out of my league anyway. So any recommendations for existing packages would be much appreciated.

to post a comment
PHP

3 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@RoyFollmanAug 24.2020 — I understood what you mean and I'd recommend you to use a good vpn. Do not choose the cheapest because it will not be working properly. A cheap vpn cannot hide your IP properly and you will not be sure that you are protected for 100%. I using the NordVPN for 3 years and I didn't have problems with my privacy because before connecting this VPN I read a lot of reviews and I was knowing already how does it work. I can exactly say that this is a very good service that you can use easily and don't worry that somebody will follow you.
@RoyFollmanAug 25.2020 — I understood what you mean and I'd recommend you to use a good vpn. Do not choose the cheapest because it will not be working properly. A cheap vpn cannot[ hide your IP](https://vladtalks.tech/vpn/how-to-hide-your-ip-address-vpn-proxy-tor) properly and you will not be sure that you are protected for 100%. I using the NordVPN for 3 years and I didn't have problems with my privacy because before connecting this VPN I read a lot of reviews and I was knowing already how does it work. I can exactly say that this is a very good service that you can use easily and don't worry that somebody will follow you.
@NogDogAug 25.2020 — {"locked":true}

Success!

Help @PeterPan_321 spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.25,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({