/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Which framework is the leader in the international arena?

tell me which framework is now the leader in the international arena. On what are now creating serious projects

to post a comment
PHP

8 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@ginerjmJun 19.2018 — Did you EVEN TRY to find this info out for yourself? I'm sure if you googled it you would get some numbers.

Jeez!
@NogDogJun 19.2018 — If you're looking for PHP frameworks, right now it's Laravel, and then everyone else. Well, at least in general, as the actual selection of a tool depends on what you need to accomplish. (A full-featured MVC framework may be overkill in some situations, for example.)
@rootJun 20.2018 — My take on frameworks is that it takes away the challenge and art of real programming.
@NogDogJun 20.2018 — @root#1593135

However, if you're working in a corporate environment, usually the challenge is to provide the necessary service/product in the most timely and cost-effective manner -- not to be "artistic". ? In any case, a framework, in the right situation, can remove the developer load for all the "boring" stuff so you can be creative in the custom parts that actually address your specific business needs.
@rootJun 20.2018 — @NogDog#1593140 which I only see as a corporations cheap way of reducing staff.

If you are a time served programmer, would you like to have people who have little to no experience running a mock on a development system?

Ever wonder where all these bugs come from? The "Rapid Development Claim" is a null and void argument as with ANY language, you have to learn the basics and build on that.

That pretty much what happened with the company my brother-in-law had worked at for 20 years before they said, theres the door. The brought in a team of green behind the ears developers bursting with all these frameworks and libraries to make development faster to basically fail. Several people left because of the decision to push this new ideal on using 3rd party software that you program with someone with no skill and you as the employer save a huge chunk on money and security is out the window with common sense.

I new a systems guy at a well known UK company that used to make main frames and workstations and his job was rebuilding old tech to ship over to places like India. We're talking about computers that were still in the transistor age. That company no longer exists because they did one very very stupid thing, go rid of their top time served programmers.
@MindsMetricksJun 20.2018 — We personally feel that PHP is not that scalable. You'll notice that mostly bigger corporate and websites that has large level of functionalities are using .net or Ruby on rails.

https://www.mindsmetricks.com/
@NogDogJun 20.2018 — @root#1593141

Using a framework does not mean using inexperienced/new/bad devs. (In fact, a rookie will find things like Rails and Laravel quite intimidating in terms of doing anything much more than a "hello world" page.) It means using a tool to allow whatever quality of developers you choose to hire to be more efficient. We have some very good devs where I work (who make me look like a hack) who would never dream of building the web applications we build without a framework (Rails) and 3rd-party libraries (Ruby gems), and so forth. If we built all those underpinnings from scratch, we'd (a) have to do the work, (b) test it all and make sure it really does what it's supposed to, and (c) cross our fingers that all those tens of thousands of lines of code work. Instead, we choose to use already developed solutions that have been around for years and used/improved by many different developers in many different places.
@rootJun 21.2018 — Case in point, my latest Google Chrome browser upgrade has shown some odd behaviour like tabs becoming detached, the window detaching from the full screen and the flashing of tabs that says "Online Registration" and closes in a flash.

Chrome refuses to close and the only way to regain control is to... pull the internet plug.

This didn't happen before the upgrade, only after, and given that the average age of a google programmer ranges anywhere from puberty to mid twenties, I'd say that experience in that area is to blame.

Ever wonder why programs are now bloat compared to 20 years ago? The old skool skills of squeeze the maximum out of hardware, make every bit count, which improves performance and speed, is out the window and why we need computers with quad core, insane ram and stupidly huge hard disks.

My brother-in-law jumped ship in to the consultants arena some 30 years ago because he could see the direction that programming was being steered in to and that there would be a need for companies to have consultants and project leaders, and thats what he has done since, freelanced and worked on many contracts and still finds clients face palming when they realise that their issue is the development team they have.

What I can't understand is why people have to add up to 1/4 meg to their page to make a script work that could be done in 20 or so lines of code that requires no additional support files. From my perspective that is wasteful, ever wonder just how fast the internet would be if you could offload all that unnecessary data?

Success!

Help @22coders spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.23,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({