/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Not able to type in my input or textarea

[upl-image-preview url=https://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/assets/files/2018-07-17/1531853459-323384-skarmavbild-2018-07-17-kl-203950.png]

In image attach, I have a chat application which I open with a window. And a number guesser game application.

The issue is, that I’m not able to write any in my text area in chat, and in my number guesser, I am not able to type any number to guess inside my input. Nothing happens when I click on the white boxes.

I could post you the code for the app also, but that’s a lot of code. But is it possible to know why this occurs?

to post a comment
JavaScript

11 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@NogDogJul 17.2018 — When I've seen this before, it was due to having some other html element with a transparent background that was overlaid on top of the form element. Perhaps try giving the relevant form element containers a high z-index value in their CSS?
@l43authorJul 17.2018 — @NogDog#1593979

Hm, I increased the Z-index but the issue still remains.
@SempervivumJul 17.2018 — It would be best if one could see live. Is the page online? Then post the URL.
@rootJul 18.2018 — When you post a question for help, you need to provide the code posted in to the post and wrapped up in forum BB code tags to make reading your code easier.
@l43authorJul 18.2018 — @root#1593989

@Sempervivum#1593981

Ok i will get this page online during the day so it will be easier for you to see the problems. I could give you the zip code for the whole project also.
@NogDogJul 18.2018 — Might also be useful to grab that page's HTML (e.g. via "View HTML" in your browser), and run it through the HTML validator to see if you're missing a closing tag or such (assuming you've not already validated it ? ).

https://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input
@l43authorJul 18.2018 — @NogDog#1594007

Did that, and issue still remains. I don't know how to get the site online. I'm trying to use express and digital ocean but fails. I send you my project through codeshare instead. This issue has taken to long to solve ?

https://codeshare.io/2BDdZO

i can give you the code for the chat app to later on. but i dont think there is a problem with the code inside the chat or hilow module
@rootJul 19.2018 — > @l43#1594009 I don't know how to get the site online.

You have a web host? They will have instruction on how to upload.

On my host, I have an interface in the cPanel that allows me to edit files directly, create them and upload them, I can also upload via the traditional method of FTP.

There is even a way to use MSIE browser (assuming it not been removed) to FTP stuff in a pinch.

You could even have your host drop your server in to a VPN you create a private network link between the server and your terminal.

So if you really are stuck, then try googling for How to upload a website to the internet
@l43authorJul 19.2018 — @root#1594026 Yes, I'm trying to use Digialocean. But I can get the site online but I have no idea to render the HTML and get the code running on the server. It it just a blank page,

I'm just making a simple single page application using vanilla JS and working with the doom. I run everything on localhost.
@rootJul 19.2018 — Then thats the problem of the host you are using, you will need to read their documentation as each web host has its own policy, you may even have to make a setting change in the cPannel to indicate your domain is nolonger parked.

Thats the only way I can think that the domain wouldn't show, assuming you have written the HTML and enclosed everything and referenced everything on a relative path basis, then you would be good to go.

So I suggest you contact the hosts.
@SempervivumJul 19.2018 — Wrong type when including app.js:
<script type="javascript/text" src="./js/app.js"> </script>
This is correct:
<script type="text/javascript" src="./js/app.js"> </script>
However, when using HTML5 specifying the type is not necessary.

Success!

Help @l43 spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 3.19,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({