/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Dynamic signature manager/script

I am looking for a script/system to manager corporate email signatures – to be able to attach dynamic signatures, with names/addresses/titles matching the email address. Could anyone recommend me a solution that would work cross-email-client?

Thanks in advance!

to post a comment
PHP

6 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@ginerjmAug 16.2018 — First things first. What are you attaching these to? Are people writing docs from Word? From an app? How do you plan on connecting your php script (this is a php forum afterall) output to this other 'process' to produce the final signed doc? I see you mentioned 'email' so perhaps you can identify the email package people are using?
@enquelauthorAug 21.2018 — Hi ginerjm,

sorry for late reply. Well, that's the case. We are talking about GMail server here.

I found this: https://github.com/moometric/GSuiteSignatureManager

and I configured it properly - this looked like a neat solution, but my client wants something else (rejected this solution from security reasons).

The people are using both email clients and GMail web console. I am a really seasoned web developer.

Thanks in advance!
@rootAug 21.2018 — That should be done at the email server that injects the footer and disclaimers.

Example. One of my jobs was working for local government, my emails were footerless, nothing at all.

In my email client I could setr up a footer but there was an additional footer that was added by the email server that inserted more specific details that pertained to the department like the head of department, any telex or fax numbers as well as switchboard numbers, pertinent extensions, disclaimers and so on... ALL added automatically by the server software that already existed that didn't need additional scripts or external servers or plugin or browser assistance or any number of the so called solutions to solve this...

99/100 the answer is a check box setting away in the server config.
@enquelauthorAug 22.2018 — @root#1595132

@root , thanks for reply. Exactly, that's what I am looking for. The problem is, the client is using GSuite, and from what I researched, it does not allow for dynamic footers (I am not a web developer, C#/Unity/3D is my area - that's why I am asking for relatively basic info). As I mentioned, I have found this GSuiteSignatureManager, but the client rejected it due to security reasons. Do you know any other solutions / resources for that?
@rootAug 22.2018 — Well there is what is allowed and then there is what can be achieved.

Well there is something that you can try...

GD Library

.htaccess rewrite a URL to a fake image to a PHP script

PHP Script to return a dynamic footer image,

I assume you are allowed an image in the footer?

@enquelauthorSep 03.2018 — Sorry for late reply,

yes I am allowed image in the footer. This looks like a really neat hack, am curious if that will pass through. Thanks, will check that!

Success!

Help @enquel spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.23,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({