/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

mailto: with pre-filled table

Hello,
I am new to this and would like to ask for help. I have created a SharePoint site for employees where they can go and see what our warehouse has and can be ordered. They need to submit the order via email to the warehouse employees. I have an HTML mailto: prepared, however I can’t figure out how to switch to HTML (By default our email is Plain Text) and insert a table with a few prefilled cells and rows below them to be ready to be filled in by the customer. Please see attached screenshot of how the prepopulated email should look.

I would like to have these fields pre-filled:
to:
Subject:
Body: With the table as shown in the example.

Can you please help me?
Thank you.

[upl-image-preview url=https://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/assets/files/2018-08-18/1534574250-249138-email-example.jpeg]

to post a comment

4 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@rootAug 18.2018 — mailto: is not server-side, it is a client side thing.

The main question being, why are you using that method? Its about 30 or so years out of date, PHP exists that can do it server-side and email for you, all you do is collate the info on what and who to send to and jobs far easier than putting together a script that is client side that will behave as expected.
@hanzCzechauthorAug 18.2018 — @root#1595033

Hello,

I am very limited on what I can do on the SharePoint... I am trying to do what I can with the knowledge of sharepoint. The customer will go online to our sharepoint, pick up items, copy/past the part numbers and input it into the email. The system administrator is limiting the web admins, so this is what I can do for now... I would like to be able to select the item and QTY from the site and submit and have the Sharepoint send an automated email, but I don't have the rights nor skills to do it.

Any help appreciated.
@rootAug 19.2018 — That is the wrong way to do the whole business thing.

IMHO, sak the system admin obviously hasn't a clue about business and what customers expect.

If I were a customer using your site, I wouldn't be, catch my drift?

What is needed is EVEY bit of information databased so that it can be searched and the appropriate email is generated on the server and the customer input is mostly point and click to confirm, no copy pasting and emails from the client.

Time for a company re-think, especialy on their resources, there is no excuse these days to not afford a web service and run your business through its own portal.

Probl;em with sharepoint is you have to have a user account. What if the user is not a windows user... I have had this issue with the one organisation I volunteered with, I was the only one that was never able to access the sharepoint system because I was on a linux based PC.

So you have that aspect to consider.
@VITSUSAAug 21.2018 — Have you use Google spreadsheets? I think it will be more beneficial to you. Here you can share the sheet with your employee and can give the authority to use the spreadsheet.

Success!

Help @hanzCzech spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.23,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({