/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

I am getting ready to put my first simple application on the Web. I need help with “The Terms of Use” / “Terms of Service”. I feel it is necessary but I don’t what would be involved. I searched for it on the net but it left me confused. I am not sure if I will put this bare bones (version 1) application as a SaaS or accept a very nominal payment for its use. Can someone please help me?

to post a comment
Full-stack Developer

3 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@rootAug 19.2018 — You lay out the terms underwhich people can use your software, simple.

The creative commons has a licencing scheme that is well known and tells people instantly what your software is about, can people use it, remix it, ext.

If you are really stuck, try reading the Microsoft EULA as a starting point.

Then read a few more and see the common points that all these people have, especially the "No Warranty" part that all software companies insert as a get out clause if their software does not work on a users system.

Unfortunately there is a myth that opensource is not subjected to the same rigours of the law that commercial software, unfortunately opensource is just as responsible to follow the letter of the law and has responsibilities (the team that builds it) So you will need an EULA to cover your rear.

If you search the internet, you can find TOS aka EULA

For example. I put in the search EULA for OpenSource and you try it and see just how many examples pops up...
@DeeGeeauthorAug 19.2018 — THANK YOU SO MUCH. Really appreciate it.
@electr_icsoulNov 10.2020 — By the way, if anyone is interested to read about SaaS product management, I would recommend you to check out this blog about product design I found quite recently.

You can look at this post here (https://www.eleken.co/blog-posts/saas-pricing-models-to-help-you-make-an-informed-decision) if you want to read something about product design or managing a SaaS company.

Hope this can be useful to anyone :)

Success!

Help @DeeGee spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.27,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({