/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

I need a rating system. Let me explain. I need to allow users the ability to create two different types of accounts service providers and service users. I need the ability for both parties to able to interact with each other and rate their experience in interacting with the other. Is there something like that already exists partially or do I have to create everything from scratch?

to post a comment

7 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@rootAug 22.2018 — Well it does sound like re-inventing the wheel...

So... Open a new tab, in the bar type rating system for users of site PHP script and hit enter...
@NogDogAug 22.2018 — Do you already have something in place for user login/authentication along with other, non-rating aspects of the site, or is the whole thing still in the works? If the former, it might be easier to add a DB table or two and some code to implement the rating system, rather than trying to shoehorn a 3rd-party rating tool into your existing app. If, on the other hand, the whole site/application is still in the planning phase, then maybe it makes sense to see if there is already some sort of user rating app out there on top of which you can build your site -- but offhand I don't know of any. (But then I work on a medical provider review/rating application at my day job, so I haven't had any reason to look for anything else. ? )
@walterqmason3authorAug 22.2018 — @NogDog#1595195 thank you very much. I am very much in the planning stages.
@nowindiaonlineAug 22.2018 — Register a .ONLINE Domain Just Rs 99 Register Now https://nowindiaonline.in & Buy Any Types Hosting , VPS , SSL Low Rate India's Top Low Rate (Wholsale) Service Providor 99.9% Server Uptime & 30 Days Money Back Guaranty
@VITSUSAAug 23.2018 — @walterqmason3#1595167 Separation is important to clarify the object. If you create both options so it will be beneficial for you and users also.
@NogDogAug 23.2018 — If I were doing it, based on my experience/knowledge, I suspect I'd end up looking for a CMS of some sort that provided the general overall site functionality, and then manually create the ratings part of it (assuming the chose CMS did not already have that). The rating part would likely be one DB table with the user_id of the rater, the user_id of the user being rated, the rating number, and perhaps a comment field. There would be a unique key across the two user_id columns to enforce a user only reviewing another user once, and application code checks to confirm that the user doing the rating is not the same type of user as the one being rated. (A join on the user table could be done when fetching reviews if you want to get them for one type of user or the other.)

Sorry...rambling a bit, but not knowing your technical level, no idea if that makes any sense, or is just "blah blah blah blah blah". ?
@walterqmason3authorAug 27.2018 — @NogDog#1595215 Thank you again for your input. It is refreshing for people to not be mean with their advice. Thank you so much I really really appreciate it. I am thinking about using Wordpress and maybe looking for plugins or something that would have everything I need. So the goal is to have providers login and a customer login.

The providers would input their locations, and proof for their qualifications as a provider.

The customers would would be able to login and input a location for a desired service. Doing so would look for a list of providers nearest to the customers desired location. A single provider would be displayed to the customer after payment has been entered.

Success!

Help @walterqmason3 spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.24,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({