/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Slow Windows load even with SSD

Some 2 or 3 weeks ago I started having this problem. The Windows loading screen, which did not take 5 seconds before, now takes several minutes. Once logged in to OS, everything works fine.

I do not know if it has to do, but worth mentioning: I changed my 1TB HD (many bad sectors) for a 240GB Kingston SSD (SA400S37240G) about 1 year ago. As I’m not spacious use it just as storage device. I had never had an SSD before, so my experience was one of the best, I do not know how I got so long without.

I’ve run benchmark tests (Data LifeGuard, CrystalDiskInfo, and CrystalDiskMark) on the SSD, and they’ve all looked healthy and perfectly functional. I’ve run around several antivirus and antispyware (ESET, Norton Rescue Tool, CCleaner, SUPERAntispyware, Karspersky and Windows Defender, of course). They found one or another suspect or allegedly dangerous file, but they did not solve the problem. I also ran Defraggler to see the level of fragmentation (17%) as a curiosity, since as far as I know, fragmentation, for an SSD, makes no difference.

Everything indicates that SSD is not the culprit, but I do not know everything and I’m here because of it. Thanks for your help.

to post a comment
Full-stack Developer

2 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@AnnaSmithApr 12.2019 — I think due to too much usage of CPU, your windows is opening late, normally it take 5 sec to open a windox10 in normal hard drive but in SDD in takes less than 2 second. I have a server PC with windox10 for my server. Check my server here https://www.palexweb.com. This is also a very well known server company from where you can get as much support you need. They are one of the best company of 2018.
Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
@VITSUSAApr 12.2019 — Can you please exact configuration of your system?

Success!

Help @nhungthientai spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.26,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({