For some odd reason this is what's happening...
My computer was working perfectly (was free from spyware and viruses, I check frequently) until the time I bought a new RAM chip (good deals on boxing day ) and tried to install it on my motherboad ( P4S8X-X (Asus)). I noticed the problem after I bought a 512mb Azenram ram to add on to my current 512mb ram.
This is what I did:
- when my comp was off, I unplugged all the cables, and grounded myself
- I opened the comp, dug through the many IDE cables and plugged in the new ram chip on the 2nd ram chip slot
- rescrewed the comp, plugged in the cables, and turned it on
When I turned it on:
- the comp seems to start booting up, but NOTHING shows up on the screen, not even my bios screen.
- no beeps or flashing lights
- my monitor goes from standby position to on, and then back to standby
Thinking the new ram is faulty, I followed the same steps to remove it from my motherboard, and turned the pc on. However, to my suprise, I got the same blank screen.
I don't think its the video card (mine's a ATI Pro 9600 128mb) which I bought about a year back (boxing day in dec 2003). I try to be safe, so I don't overclock anything.
Can anyone recommend a solution to this problem?