/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Accessible Scripting 101

Welcome to the “Accessible Scripting 101” thread. This thread will feature JavaScript scripts developed with accessibility in mind. In other words, these are scripts in which will degrade properly in the case that JavaScript isn’t available to your end-user (which it isn’t always, believe it or not).

If you feel you have a worthy addition (i.e., an accessible script), feel free to PM me. What you should first do, however, is create a thread here in the JavaScript section explaining what it does, an example of how it use it, etc. which will be left open for discussion among the other members (e.g., if they need help setting it up on their site).

When your thread is then created, it will be linked to via this thread. So — eventually — we can get together a pretty decent selection of [i]accessible[/i] scripts, therefore making it easier for people to create accessible sites, and to further their understanding of how to create an accessible Web.

To further discuss (and develop) this idea, please visit [url=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?p=348499#post348499]this thread[/url].

I would like to thank Vladdy for originally proposing this idea to me.

Thanks, all.

[b]Accessible scripts:[/b]

[list]

• [*]

[url=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showpost.php?p=348511&postcount=2][i]Rotating Banners[/i] by Vladdy[/url]

• [*]

[url=#][to be added][/url]

• [*]

• [*]

• [*]

• [/list]

to post a comment
    JavaScript

22 Comments(s)

Copy linkTweet thisAlerts:
    @G00GLEMar 08.2011 — Hello there...?

Not anyone reply to this thread yet?

I hope somebody can share another Accessible Scripting, for the newbie like me ?

Thank you
    @KorMar 08.2011 — Well, that was in 2005. Today, sites are based more and more on JavaScript and AJAX. The technology has improved regarding the possibility of interpreting JavaScript on the special displays for disabled people. Therefor, the JavaScript applications became accessible, so that only the people who do not want (for their personal reasons) to enable JavaScript will not be able to follow JavaScript applications. And this is rather a problem of will, not accessibility.
    @zainkhalid93Sep 09.2011 — http://www.lifetubes.tk/ for scripts tutorials
    @jcifoxApr 07.2012 — I'm honor to be here
    @omnicityApr 13.2012 — Why is this still a sticky?
    @aaron90210Jul 13.2012 — hi
    @asdjhsJul 24.2012 — Well, that was in 2005. Today, sites are based more and more on JavaScript and AJAX. The technology has improved regarding the possibility of interpreting JavaScript on the special displays for disabled people. Therefor, the JavaScript applications became accessible, so that only the people who do not want (for their personal reasons) to enable JavaScript will not be able to follow JavaScript applications. And this is rather a problem of will, not accessibility.

http://www.mmolive.com/

http://www.mmohome.com/
    @annieferrisNov 20.2012 — Your Threads is very informative.
    @asartalokahNov 21.2012 — nice and cool thread for a new newbie like me...thanks a lot..and more interesting thread... godbless yah all..
    @rs2cheapJan 16.2013 — Good post!Give me the details...I will follow you forever!HAhah....Know me? Just here!

Have fun here!
    @lailac88Mar 08.2013 — ok, nice ?
    @xuxuchymApr 16.2013 — Your article is very useful and meaningful to me.thank you very much.
    @futcoinsMay 16.2013 — this is rather a problem of will, not accessibility.
    @Steve_SmithJul 23.2013 — Hi....As a web developer, we want everyone to be able to access our pages even when JavaScript isn't available to them. This tutorial will show you how to do just that with a Rotating Banner script.

Separation of structure from presentation is the cornerstone of accessible web design. This is the first core technique that is discussed whenever the subject of accessibility is brought up. This separation is achieved by using HTML to describe document structure and CSS to describe document presentation for different types of media.

The two are often compared to layers, HTML being the core layer accessible to all devices and CSS an optional outer layer for the devices capable of interpreting it.

When it comes to accessibility and client side scripting the same methodology should be applied. Scripting is just another layer that provides advanced functionality on top of the existing content and presentation.
    @chizobaSep 10.2013 — I am really confuse about client side script(AJAX and JavaScript ). I am new and don't know how to start.. who can lead me.

thanks.
    @ngockonvangJan 02.2014 — Well, that was in 2005. Today, sites are based more and more on JavaScript and AJAX. The technology has improved regarding the possibility of interpreting JavaScript on the special displays for disabled people.
    @jkpmtechnolabsJan 19.2014 — good very good
    @SameershokatAug 12.2014 — Thanks for all shearing with me such a Fabulous interaction,s about JAWA ....I really happy to know that Exceptional Qualities.
    @PAUL_ANTONYDec 02.2014 — E how i can save these files into my computers please

i want to know what extention is used for sving javascript files

Success!

Help @fredmv spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
    Sign in
    Forgot password?
    Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
    about: ({
    version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.27,
    whats_new: community page,
    up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
    coming_soon: events calendar,
    social: @webDeveloperHQ
    });

legal: ({